Chapter 38 - Dreams

Author's POV

Author's POV

The pandavas, Karna, Aahana and Mata Kunti were given shelter by a brahmin family. Right now, they were in the town of Ekacakrā. The brahmin family was very welcoming.

The pandavas and Karna helped the man with his chores and works while Aahana and Kunti helped the lady in the house. They've been living here since two days.

Mata Kunti sat with Aahana as they both were busy doing their work. Suddenly they heard someone crying. They looked at each other and moved out.

They saw the lady crying covering her face while the man stood there with a sad expression.

"Is everything okay panditain?" Mata Kunti asked. The couple's attention diverted towards the two ladies who were guests in their house.

"Devi, what should we tell you? We are in huge trouble." The man said.

"What's the matter paditji? Please tell us." Aahana persuaded the man.

"Devi, there is a rakshas in the nearby forest. He demands a lot of provisions every week and also consumes the person who goes with the provisions. And today, it's our turn."

Aahana and Kunti were shocked to hear this. Such a happy and prosperous village is going through such a big problem.

Kunti went towards the lady and kept a hand on her shoulder.

"Panditain, you have helped us a lot and now it's our turn. You don't worry. My son bheem has strength of a thousand elephants. He will get rid of that monster." Kunti said with full confidence.

"But devi, Bakasur is very powerful." The man said.

"Kaka, don't doubt our Bheem. He's very powerful. Trust us." Aahana said and somehow her few words comforted him.

As soon as the pandavas came back, Kunti informed them about the scenario. They agreed and it was decided all the five brothers except Bheem will stay hidden in case Bheem needed help.

Aahana looked at Yudhishthir and he nodded at her in assurance. He knew she was anxious due to her dreams but he also has his duties to fulfil. After taking blessings from elders, the pandavas and Karna started for their mission.

***

It's been hours since Mata Kunti's sons left. She sat in front of the idol of god while Aahana stood at the door holding onto the moon pendant her husband gave her. Her eyes never leaving the way where the pandavas left. She knew that they would win but the dreams she has been seeing didn't let her calm her racing heart.

"Aahana, it's been hours you've been standing. Come sit here otherwise you will tire yourself. They'll come victorious." Aahana heard her mother in law and sighed. She went towards her and kept her head on her lap.
Mata Kunti wasted no time in caressing her hair.