Chapter 54 - Reasons

Author's POV

Author's POV

They didn't know what happened a few moments back was good or bad. Pitamah, as promised freed the pandavas as the army was not ready to go against their commander in chief. But in return, Pitamah promised his undivided devotion towards the throne of Hastinapur in each and every situation which means, now indirectly he's now devoted to the yuvraj of Hastinapur i.e. Duryodhan. In return, Maharaj agreed to his proposal of diving the kuru kingdom into two.

"This division will further just increase the enmity among the family." Kunti said as she sat with her two daughter in laws on either of her sides.

"Bhabhishree, but it's important otherwise Duryodhan and his brothers will make their lives hell." Vidur said.

"Which part will we choose jyesht?" Arjun asked Yudhishthir.

"Before deciding that, I have to say something." Yudhishthir said as he moved towards Karna.

"Jyesht, you are the eldest among all of us. Please, its your right to be the king. Please don't make me commit such a big sin jyesht." Yudhishthir said with folded hands.

"No Yudhishthir. You promised me that you'll not force me to be the king. Everyone, even the people want you to be the king." Karna immediately refused.

"Jyesht but you said you won't be the king of Hastinapur. Now we are taking another part of kuru kingdom. Please don't refuse." Aahana pleaded.

"Aahana is right jyesht, please. It's my request." Yudhishthir pleaded.

"No Yudhishthir, please. Don't make me order you. Also, Vasudev is younger to Balram dau but still Vasudev is Dwarakadheesh." Karna said.

"Dwaraka is not a monarchy jyesht." Aahana said.

"I don't care about that. Yudhishthir will be the king and now no discussions on that otherwise, I'll order you both and you both will be bound to follow my word." He said in a stern voice making the couple sigh in defeat.

"Fine jyesht, but you'll be the mahamahim then. And you'll have to agree on this." Yudhishthir said as Karna nodded in agreement this time.

"Now about the part of the kingdom." Karna said.

"We should take a part that they will easily give us, without any further clashes and issues." Nakul said.

"But Duryodhan will have issues in each and every part of the kingdom." Bheem said.

"Arya?" Panchali called as her husbands looked at her.

"Is there any part in the kingdom which is barren and has no life?" She asked. Aahana mentally screamed 'Khandavprasth' but kept mum.

"There is panchali. Khandavprasth." Sahadev said.

"Then we will take that kingdom." Panchali said.