Chapter 80 - Brightest Star

Author's POV

Author's POV

It was not even two hourse since he slept when Yudhishthir heard his wife whimpering in pain. She was shivering in sleep as if witnessing a scary scene. He quickly got up and placed the children in the craddle so they don't wake up by the noice.

"Aahana." He said as he sat beside her.  She opened her eyes with a jerk and breathed deeply. Sweat trickling down her face.

"Arya!" She noticed and tried to get up but failed. But Yudhishthir helped her out and made her drink some water.

"Are you feeling any discomfort? Are you okay now? Did you see a nightmare?" He asked.

"I'm fine arya. I just had a nightmare. Are you okay? Ashwatthama didn't hurt you, did he? My....my baby. Where is our baby? Arya answer me.."

"Shh, calm down. I'm fine. And our baby is also fine. He's asleep there." He pointed at the craddle.

"He?" Aahana asked in disbelief. Relief washed over her as she noticed her family alright. Yudhishthir smiled and nodded.

"It's a boy." He told her and she smiled with teary eyes.

"I want to see him." She said and he nodded. He went and brought their new born baby and carefully gave him to her.

Aahana gulped and breathed heavily as she took her first born in her hands. He was small, very small like a munchkin. His arms and legs were softest of the softest silk. He was more delicate than a butterfly itself. Wrapped in a blue blanket, she stared at his pink face, his closed eyes and a little apart mouth as he snored a bit.

She looked at him awestruck, her eyes filled with unshed tears and insides filled with thousands of emotions

She looked at him awestruck, her eyes filled with unshed tears and insides filled with thousands of emotions. She couldn't comprehend the feelings and emotions within her. It was new, all new.

Maybe the motherly feeling that made its way into her heart intensified and amplified to infinite.

"He looks like you." She whipered.

"But I think he has got your eyes." He said and she smiled a bit. She gently kissed his forehead and craddled him in her arms, her sight not leaving him.