Chapter 64 - The Talk

Author's POV

Author's POV

Arjun and Subhadra stood in front of each other with their eyes doing all the talking. Subhadra was the first one to break it away.

"I can't come with you rajkumar Arjun. What will everyone say? No one marries a kshatriya girl once she is kidnapped. Who will marry me then?" She asked turning around.

"I will Subhadra." Arjun said.

"Draupadi jiji will never allow it. I can't break her heart."

"What about yours? I know you love me Subhadra." He said and she closed her eyes.

"Doesn't matter now." She whispered.

"It does because even I love you." His words had her look at him.

"I do Subhadra." He said desperately.

"Please come with me." He said forwarding his hand. Subhadra had her whole future in front of her. On one side was her to be groom waiting for her at the threshold whom she hated while on one side was the love of her life waiting for her with open arms. She looked at Arjun and his hand. She sighed and forwarded her hand keeping it in his, sealing their fate.

Arjun smiled as both of them walked out of her room.

On reaching the temple, they found the chariot that was arranged by dau.

"Rajkumar Arjun, if you will be the one kidnapping me then it will create a rift between Hastinapur and Dwaraka and Hastinapur may also force you to fight them as you are not an independent kingdom by now." Subhadra said to Arjun as he thought deeply, trying to find a way out of it.

Parth, just a suggestion. Sometimes, it's good if women take charge.

Arjun smiled at Madhav's words.

"Madhav!" He whispered and shook his head.

"Then why don't you kidnap me Subhadra?" Arjun said and Subhadra looked at him wide eyed and then gave him a big smile. She took the reins in her control and they both ran away from the people who were adamant on destroying their lives.

They came to a halt on a place as instructed by Balram dau. Subhadra sat with Arjun in complete silence.

"If you loved me, why didn't you tell me earlier?" Subhadra asked Arjun.

"I wanted to but never got a chance." He admitted as she sighed.

"Don't worry about anything Subhadra. I'm always there for you. I promise." Arjun said kissing her head as the couple hugged each other.

"Will Draupadi jiji accept me?" Subhadra asked breaking the hug.

"She will if we keep our point of view in front of her." Arjun said. He himself was a little tensed about the fire born's reaction but for the first time, he left it on fate just like Madhav says.