Chapter 25 - Punishment

A comparatively shorter chapter as everyone wanted a double update!

Aahana's POV

The moment right now was something I never imagined to witness in my lifetime. The moment the words escaped his mouth, I felt my heart breaking into millions of pieces. Can just for one day, we live like normal people? Can our day be spent without any drama? It seems like we are walking in a spiral of problems that don't seem to end anytime.

"Ary-" Before I could complete a gasp left my mouth as I heard a a loud bang.

"Don't call me that!" He said while throwing away the vase that was kept on the table in front of him. This side of him scared me to death. I was breathing heavily. The always calm and composed person was now lashing out like an enraged bull.

Suddenly he came towards me with predatory steps and before I could do anything, he held me by my shoulders, very close to him. I realized that I was not really scared of him as I was sure he won't harm me but I was shocked to see this side of him.

"You knew everything from the start, didn't you?" He asked in a deadly voice.
I could just stare at him.

"I am asking you a question Aahana and I need answers right now." His tone now making me nervous so I just nodded my head.

"Wasn't it your responsibility to inform me about everything then? When would you have told me? After Arjun would have killed his brother or vice versa?" He shouted making me look down. He was right at his place but I was bound too.

"Yuvr...ary...the situations were not in my control. I promised maa....the circumstances..." I couldn't frame a sentence properly.

"Circumstances?" He asked enraged.

"Circumstances?" He asked. His expression turning from enraged to that of sorrow.

"Why am I the one who always have to face the circumstances Aahana?" He whispered as his eyes teared up. He looked completely broken. His eyes were red, now not because of anger but because of tears. The pain his eyes held was something I've never seen before.
He left me and walked back.

"Why the circumstances always affect my family Aahana? Since pitashree's death, I'm trying my best to keep my family together, united but always something happens that we are back to square one.  Why can't my family live like a normal united family? Since the day we've come here, in this palace, I've tried my best to keep everyone together, never did I thought that I'll fail miserably. You know, whenever my brothers tell me that their cousins troubled them or something, I know that they are not lying and I know they must've done something but I always try to tell them to be calm and look at the positive side. But for the first time I can't Aahana, I can't." he fell on his knees making me gasp.

"I can't take it anymore Aahana, I'm tired of being the shoulder everyone cries on. I am tired of being the eldest." Saying this he looked at me.

"I trusted you the most Aahana and you hid such a big secret from me." His words pierced my heart like a sword. Never in my life did I imagine that someone's words will mean so much to me.