Chapter 74 - Bond of Eternity

Author's POV

Author's POV

Aahana walked around the gardens of Indraprasth. It was her routine to take a stroll in the gardens every morning.

She spotted Draupadi at one corner and called her.

"Panchi!" Draupadi turned around hearing the familiar voice and gave her a smile.

"Jiji, what are you doing here? That too this early." Draupadi asked.

"I couldn't sleep much last night. So I came here." Aahana answered.

"Jiji, it's not fit for the baby and you. You should rest."Draupadi said.

"It's fine Panchali. You don't have to stress yourself." Aahana said.

"As you say. Tell me if you face any problem otherwise I'll complain to mata." Draupadi fake threatened Aahana who laughed in return.

"As you say madam." She mock saluted at which both of them laughed.

"What were you doing though?" Aahana asked.

"Oh, today is Rakshbandhan. So I was preparing some garlands and collecting some flowers for the pooja." Draupadi said.

"That's so nice." Aahana said glancing in the basket of flowers.

"Uhm, Draupadi. You seem stressed these days. Is everything alright?" Aahana said keeping a hand on Panchali's shoulder who tensed in return.

"Uhm, no jiji, of course not." Draupadi said averting her gaze.

"Panchali, you know you can talk to me right?" Aahana said.

"I know jiji. It's just that certain things upset me the way they are. I can't help but be a little apprehensive about the things." Draupadi said not really mentioning her inner dilemmas yet telling her everything.

"Draupadi, I don't know what things are upsetting you right now. But the only thing that I can say is that everything happens for a reason and a good reason. If you are getting something, it's good and if you are denied something, it's for your betterment only." Aahana explained.

"Do you know the future that you are saying all this?" Draupadi asked.

"No one knows the future Panchi, one can only predict the future." Aahana said.

Draupadi just nodded and both of them fell silent.

Suddenly they heard a shrill cry from inside the palace.

"Subhadra!" Both of them exclaimed and rushed inside.

They saw Subhadra over the table and shouting on the top of her lungs. Everyone else also rushed towards them.

"Aahana are you okay? Who shouted?" Mata Kunti asked.

"Subhadra." Draupadi said.

"What happened Subhadra?" Karna asked.