Chapter 28 - Vanished in thin air

Author's POV

Author's POV

The future queen of Hastinapur laid shivering in her husband's arms, clinging to him like a drowning man clings onto a blade of grass. She didn't want to leave him. The thing that scared her the most was the anonymity of the person. Who could it be? What did he want? It was not Duryodhan, not Dushasan and not anyone that she could think of. Who could it be?

There was a knock on the door which snapped her out of her thoughts.

"You stay here, I'll go and check." Yuvraj said getting up.
She sat up and held his hand.

"Don't worry, I am here only." He assured her as he went to the door.

"Putra, where is Aahana? Is she fine?" A very worried rajmata asked her son.

"Maa, she's inside. Please come." Without waiting for even a second, rajmata rushed into the room to see her daughter sitting on the bed, deep in thought.

"Aahana?" Rajmata called her daughter with all the love she possessed.

"Maa." Aahana said looking at rajmata as rajmata rushed to her daughter pulling her in a bone crushing hug. She kissed her all over her face to ensure her that she was not alone.

"Putri, are you okay? I was so worried about you." She said to Aahana.

"I'm fine maa. Just a little shook I guess." Aahana said smiling a little.

"Don't worry, whoever it was, he will not be alive for long." Rajmata said making Aahana sigh.

"Maa, if you are here, should I go and look into the matter?" Yuvraj asked rajmata while Aahana looked at him. She requested through her eyes, asking him to stay.

"Don't worry putra, you go. I'm here with her. Just wait for a minute, I'll go and ask a dasi to get her clothes from your room so that she can get changed."  Rajmata assured her son while she gave a little personal time to the couple.

As rajmata went out, yuvraj went towards his wife and held her hands in his.
"Don't worry, I'll be back soon." he said kissing her head as she nodded reluctantly.

As soon as rajmata came, he left his wife with his mother to look for the person who tried to molest his wife.

He reached his study where his brothers stood with pitamah and kakashri. There stood a few soldiers with their heads down.

"At night, kuruvansh's kul vadhu was attacked in her own room and all of you were sleeping? Your people also died and you had no idea. How is that even possible?" pitamah's voice roared in the whole room. Anyone could make out that he was furious.

"Who are they pitamah?" Yuvraj asked in a calm voice. His posture now just like a king, chest taut and hands at the back.

"They are the soldiers who were found asleep on duty, yuvraj." Kakashri informed.