Chapter 18 - The Final Stroke

Author's POV

Author's POV

The couple was in deep sleep. Aahana's eyes shot open as she heard shuffling and whispering sounds coming from the other side of the door. She looked at her husband who was in deep sleep which was unusual.
Aahana sighed and quietly moved towards the door. The voices intensified as she neared the door. As she opened the door, she saw the four younger pandavas crouching down in front of the door.

"What are you guys doing like this? Is this the way to sneak in - from the front door? Are you nuts?" She whisper yelled while the pandavas sheepishly looked at her.

"Fools! Come inside." All of them entered the room while she quickly shut the door after a glance around.

"Shut up all of you!" She whisper yelled as they we busy arguing.

"You guys know why I called you here. So you better start. Nakul, Sahadev, now!" Aahana ordered them sternly.

Nakul and Sahadev moved towards Yuvraj while Bheem laid on the couch.
Arjun joined Aahana.

"What do you think? Who's responsible?" He asked Aahana.

She just looked at him and he nodded understanding.
" I knew since the start she will do something. After all, she is Gandhar Raj's acquaintance." He said making her sigh. Aahana didn't say anything because her primary concern was in deep sleep.

"Bhabhi, jyesht is unconscious!" Nakul said making all of them alert. The three members quickly made their way towards the bed.
Aahana sat near his head while Arjun was on the opposite side.

"Bhabhishree, jyesht is drugged!!" as soon as the words left Sahadev's mouth, Aahana felt that the whole mountain came crashing down on her.

"What are you saying Sahadev? How can it be possible. Tell me who it is and I'll break that person's bones." Bheem growled angrily.

"Calm down Bheem. This is not the time to act. Our primary concern is arya's health." Aahana said in a very calm voice which scared the four pandavas.

"What is this drug and what does it do?" Aahana asked the twins.

"Bhabhishree, this is a drug extracted from a plant called maniratnam. This drug makes you loose your senses slowly and eventually, you loose the power of thinking which means you'll loose your decision making power." Sahadev stated making her clench the bedsheet.

"Also, if regularly given, the person will just follow others' orders no matter who gives them or what the order is. The person will be like a body with someone else's mind. And the worst out of all is, the person won't remember who gave him the task." Nakul completed his twin.

Now the picture was clear to Aahana. Kaya must be giving that drug to Yuvraj and last night, she must want to move her plan to next level. She looked at Arjun and he also had the same expression.