Chapter 32 - A new journey

Aahana's POV

Aahana's POV

I felt someone shaking me but I was too weak to respond. I heard maa calling me and I wanted to respond. It was like my whole body was screaming in pain.

"Aahana?" I heard maa and sending a silent prayer, I opened my eyes. It was very dark in here. Maa and Nakul helped me to sit and I took maa's support.

"Thank god you woke up. You've been unconscious for chaar peher putri. We all were so scared." Maa said as my eyes widened. Four peher which means twelve hours. I've been unconscious for this long?

"Jyesht!" I heard Nakul calling yuvraj as he rushed towards me and Nakul took his place in digging the tunnel. I felt myself in familiar arms.

"Aahana, are you okay? God, you scared me." He said cupping my face. Though it was dark, I could feel lines of stress on his forehead.

"I'm fine. Better than before." I said in a low voice. He passed me the pitcher of water and I took just two sips in order to wet my throat. We need to use water efficiently as we don't know for how long we'll be stuck here.

"It's been almost a day we've been digging bhratashree." Sahadev said as he took a seat beside maa. Jyesht was sitting beside Arya.

Arjun, Nakul and Bheem were still digging.

"Did Bheem take a break or not?" I asked to no one in particular.

"He did while you were unconscious. We have to say he's the most efficient one among all of us." Jyesht said making all of us nod.

We again sat in pin drop silence as the only sound that heard was of digging and breathing.

***

I don't know how much time has passed but we were extremely bored. Maa and I were sitting and making conversation now and then. I offered to help but was shut up by seven people.

It was completely dark in the tunnel and I sat there curled up in a ball with my knees close to my chest and my hands around them. I hate enclosed places. They creep me out. The burn on my hand is still burning like hell but I didn't tell this to anyone. I don't want to sound complaining or something. Moreover, they can't really do anything in this situation.

"Do you know since how long we've been stuck here Sahadev?" I asked as he was sitting beside me.

"I am not sure but according to me, it's been one day and three pehers." He said shocking me.

"What? It's been so long." I exclaimed at which he chuckled.

"Yes bhabhi. Also, how is your hand? You burnt yourself while saving me right?" He asked me.