Chapter 3

Reese Miguel Buenaventura sent you a message.

I froze on my seat, hesitating whether I will check it or not. What might be the reason that he sent me a message? I mentally asked myself. I opened his message and saw that it was just a simple 'hello' from him, I still replied.

Reese:
Hi Abrianna

Abrianna:
Hello

Reese:
How are you?

Abrianna:
I'm fine. How 'bout you?

I was confused and shocked at first but then he explained why he did what he did and apologized for being inconsiderate. Of course I understood him. I am happy and I cannot deny that deep inside, I wanted us to reconcile but of course it will still take a little time. I can't just ignore the fact that I was hurt. Yes, he had his reasons and those are valid but that doesn't mean that me getting hurt in the process isn't vaild.

Reese:
You said you didn't know the reason why I stopped talking to you not until Mark told you about it. And as far as i can remember, mga January 'yon nong hindi na kita pinapansin. Ba't di mo 'ko pinapansin that time or at least tried to talk to me? Kasi diba nasabi na ni Mark yung reason ko nong Grade 8 na tayo?

Abrianna:
I was confused alright. I mean why did you suddenly turn cold? I thought you just had a problem pero hindi e, there really is something. Kaya I observed you and concluded that you don't want to talk to me anymore kaya ayon.

Reese:
You didn't try asking me?

Abrianna:
Why would I? Ikaw yung hindi namamansin kaya hindi narin kita pinansin!

And then the conversation continues. Mabuti nalang walang pasok bukas.

The next day was Saturday. I did my laundry and started doing my projects and such. Sa Sunday naman we attended mass and visited my grandparents. Most sundays we, including my aunt's and uncle's family gather at my grandparents house to bond meaning my cousins will be there.

Lola was humming an old song while watering the plants in her garden and lolo was sitting on his rocking chair near the front door, reading news when Renan and I happily ran to them.

  "Lola! Lolo!"

  "Jusko! Hinay hinay lang mga apo at aatakehin si lolo," lolo said while dramatically holding his chest, making us laugh.

  "Hindi ka parin talaga nagbago lolo. Palabiro ka parin!" si Renan bago nagmano kina lolo at lola. Ganun rin ang ginawa ko.

Mama and papa came to greet lola and lolo bago pumasok sa loob dala ang pinamili naming pasalubong kanina bago pumarito.

Tinapos ni lola ang ginawa bago kami iginiya sa loob. "Paparating pa ang iba, hija, hijo. Kayo pa lang ang nauna. Pumasok na muna tayo. Hindi na sana kayo nag-abala," she said.

My parents chatted with lola and lolo in the backyard and left Renan and I here in the sala to watch television while waiting for my cousins to arrive. At hindi rin kami nabigo nang narinig namin ang busina nang sasakyan sa labas hudyat na nandito na ang aming mga pinsan. Lumabas kami upang salubungin sila. Renan immediately went to my boy cousins and started talking about games.

  "Ate Jane! Dana!"

  "Bri!" ang pinsan kung si Jane at nakangiting kumaway sa akin. She is two years older than me and she is already in senior high school.

  "Bri, may mai-i-recommend ka bang K-drama?" agad na tanong ni Dana nang makalapit sa akin. She is two years younger than me and still in first year high school. We eventually started talking.