Chapter 15

The pastel colors painted the clear blue sky. It was a breathe taking scenery in front. With the magnificent translucent sea and the hot blazing sun setting. As the sun kisses the edge of the sea, the colors of orange and pink filled the vast blue space above.

I have always admired how perfect the creation of God is. Its like the colors fit every living or non living things here. And I can't seem to imagine what these things would be without the color.

The sunset has always been my favorite. No matter how painful or bad your day have been, the simple yet euphoric sunset could take it all away. At the end of the day, as the sun slowly bids goodbye, a beautiful scenery was made. Hindi lahat ng katapusan at pamamaalam ay masakit dahil may magandang maidudulot naman ito. We may not see it the way He wants us to see it but it's always there.

  "Are you hungry?"

After that unexpected and overwhelming happening, we stayed silent and continued admiring the beautiful view in front of us. Akala ko ay maiilang kaming dalawa ngunit hindi iyon ang nangyari. Isang mapayapang katahimikan ang namayani marahil ang napakagandang tanawin ang may dahilan nito.

Nilingon ko si Reese at nakitang nakamata na siya sa aking mga kinikilos. We were sitting on the wooden bench and watching the sunset.

  "Kind of. Are you?" tanong ko rin sakanya.

  "Let's go then."

He grabbed my bag and held it for me before standing up. Tumayo na rin ako para makaalis na kami. We went out of the amazing place and Reese slowly closed the wooden fence.

Tahimik kaming naglalakad sa plaza kung saan nasa tapat lamang ng simbahan at ng eskwelahan namin. Umakyat kami sa sementong hagdan papuntang itaas. Malawak na may pagka-kapatagan ang plaza kaya may hagdan papunta sa taas. Nang makarating sa tuktok ay nakita namin ang Food Trip. There were high school and college students eating street foods that were sold in the Food Trip. Ito ang kadalasang tambayan ng mga estudyante 'pag wala ng pasok lalo na't may mga panindang street foods dito.

  "Ako na niyan. I'll also look for a place," aniya ko kay Reese sabay abot sa bag namin.

  "Ano sayo?" tanong niya.

  "Kwek-kwek. Here's my money." I placed the money on his palm. He was about to protest but I gave him a warning look so he swiftly turned his back and started walking away. I giggled.

He proceeded to order while I sat on an empty stool. Ilang minuto lang ay nakabalik na siya. I threw him an unsatisfied look when I saw him bought a buko juice.

He placed the food on the counter and sat on the stool beside me. "What?" tanong niya ng makitang hindi ko parin siya tinantanan ng masamang tingin.

He sighed. "I just really wanna do these things to you," he gestured the food. "In this way, you can lean on me. Kahit ito lang."

I stayed silent after that. We eventually started talking about the events tomorrow. We will have a movie booth and a family night tomorrow. I still needed to tell mom about it.

When the clock strikes five, we decided to call it a day. Hinatid ako ni Reese sa sakayan.

Nilingon ko siya ng makarating kami sa tamang tricycle na sasakyan ko papunta samin.

  "Thank you. I enjoyed the day because of you," aniya ko at nginitian siya.

He smiled back and gestured for me to enter. "Take care. See you tomorrow."

He held my bag for me and helped me ride the tricycle. Ibinalik niya sa akin ang bag ng makitang nakaupo na ako ng maayos. He waved goodbye and turned his back.