Chapter 32

Mistfall opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed was the stars were around him. There weren't many, but it still lit up the black area that wasn't the Warriors' den. Mistfall could hear whispers coming from outside of the darkened den. The Driftclan warrior couldn't make out what they said, though, so he got up and shook his fur out. He padded out of the den and as he did; he noticed the voices were getting louder. Once he made it out, the voices stopped completely. Were there cats out here...? He thought as looked around only to see nothing but a few dimly lit stars. "Hey! In front of you!" Mistfall snapped his head forward to see a shorter and younger tom.

"Who are you?" Mistfall unsheathed his claws and growled.

"Calm down! My name is Shred, and I am not here to hurt you. I'm here to give you a message." the small tom meowed.

Mistfall then sheathed his claws, looking down onto him. "How do I know I can trust you?"

"Well, it involves Fang and her father, Shredflash." he said.

"What?!" the Driftclan tom exclaimed, now with a worried look on his face.

Shred nodded. "I want you to look at this." he stepped aside to show Mistfall a light. The light showed Fang and another she-cat cowering in a corner, and a certain tom was standing in front of the two she-cats. His claws unsheathed and his teeth bared. It was Shredflash.

Fang! Mistfall thought.

"Mistfall." Shred started. "You must go to Fang. She's in danger, and so is your kin." he said.

"I need to go there now then!" Mistfall meowed.

Shred nodded as he faded away in front of Mistfall's eyes. Everything around the tom then went black. His eyes shot open as he was now back in the warriors' den. I will need some help. He thought and got up and quickly headed out of the den. Mistfall then went to Shellstar's den and padded inside. "Shellstar." he meowed.

"Yes?" he looked up. "Oh, hello Mistfall!" the leader meowed. "How are you?"

"There's no time for that, I know where Shredflash is."

Shellstar almost instantly hopped up onto his paws with a serious look on his face. "Where?"

"Get another warrior and meet me at the entrance!" he meowed and then ran out of the den, Shellstar then followed soon after.

A few heartbeats later, Mistfall saw Shellstar padding up to him with Featherdrip.

"You're bringing Featherdrip? Who will make sure the clan is okay?" the tawny and grey-furred tom asked.

"I told Sandcoat to take care of things, I trust him." Featherdrip meowed.

"Sandcoat is an outstanding warrior." Shellstar replied.

Featherdrip nodded.

"Let's go then!" Mistfall ran out of Driftclan camp, Shellstar and Featherdrip running behind him.

He was ready to go save his mate.