Old Fears

Izuku's POV

"K-Kacchan"

Why? How?

My breathing... why am I breathing so fast? I'm not exercising.

---

"Your son is Quirkless"

"What?! You shitty child. You were already useless before but now you're just nothing"

We get in the car. Mom and dad never liked me before but now... now it will get so much worse. I know I have a quirk but they would just use me.

Punched. I, a four-year-old boy was punched in the stomach by my own dad. They start beating me black and blue, more than they usually would.

It's Sunday today so I would have school tomorrow. Great. I don't think I have enough make-up to cover-up this mess.

"Class, Izuku here is quirkless so be nice to him, okay"

Great. Even better. Now My class knows.

"Deku. Let's call you that because that is what you are. A shitty D-E-K-U"

I feel the heat

I hear the sound

The explosions in my face

The laughter

The mockery

"YOU BASTARD!"

"THAT'S WHAT YOU DESERVE BITCH!"

BEEP... BEEP... BEEP...

My alarm won't go off-

---

I open my eyes and see the white ceiling and sit-up only to see Nemuri sleeping on a couch and Aizawa sleeping on Yamada's shoulder. I look outside the window, it's morning.

Shuzenji opens the door and calls Nezu. Not long after, Nezu enters as well.

I've been in this situation a little too often. I know I'm in the hospital but I can't remember why.

Nezu's POV

"I checked his vitals but everything seems to be normal so I don't know why he collapsed all of a sudden. Although, Aizawa said he muttered something like Kacchan then he yelled out 'Stop! It Hurts!' while he was on the floor." Shuzenji explained

This isn't normal behavior for Izuku. He is normally cheerful and headstrong. I know his parents killed each other but I never seemed to consider if Izuku was ever mentally stable. He always seemed so strong but he is still a child. He is not just any child so this would be difficult.

Shuzenji brought me out of my train of thought.

"Midoriya's awake"