Chapter 9

{3rd POV}

Lucy and Percy have been hanging out ever since then. They snuck out of their beds, and always met each other. They never got tired, and their conversations were never dry. 

"Percy!" Lucy leaped into his arms. They've gotten pretty close over the nights. 

"It's so good seeing you. I missed you!" Lucy said, taking in his ocean scent. He laughed. 

"It's so good to see you too, Lucy." They separated and started to talk. Unconsciously, they held hands. 

"So, I was wondering..." Lucy started. "You could decide, ok?" 

"Yeah, sure, what's up?" Percy asked, sitting them down on a bench. 

"Well, I was thinking, maybe, you could join Fairy Tail?" 

Percy stopped. 

"Join...as in, live here? Become part of the family?" 

"Yeah. Well, you don't have to live here in Japan, but you can at least be a member of the guild." 

Percy hesitated. Camp Half-Blood has been his life. It's where he learned what and who he was. 

But...he imagined a future with Lucy. He's grown fond of her and the guild. That was the only place he ever visited in Japan. None of his demigod friends knew about the guild. 

"Would...they allow me and accept me?" He asked. Lucy nodded. 

"Of course! They allow and accept everyone. They even let Gajeel in, after attacking the guild. There shouldn't be a reason why they won't accept you."

"I don't know..." Percy looked up at the sky. "What am I supposed to tell my friends?"

"You don't have to join, Percy! I'm just suggesting, so that we see each other more often. But if I'm being completely selfish, you don't have to! Don't stress yourself." Lucy said, waving her hands in front of her. "We could still see each other like this before you go back."

Percy looked at his hands. He still had his mom to think about...but he could still see her! It's not like they're going to cut ties or anything. 

"You know what?" He asked, putting his hands on Lucy's. "I want to."

"You...You do?"

"I want to join. I want to be with you and make a family, and join this Fairy Tail family that you're part of."

Tears were falling from her face with joy. 

"Oh, Percy!" She hugged him tight. He hugged back. 

"I should explain to Chiron that I'm leaving Camp Half-Blood." Percy said. 

"I'll explain to Master Makarov that you're joining tomorrow!" 

They hugged, and parted ways. Lucy was excited, and so was Percy. 

(Next morning)

Lucy woke up, hardly believing it. Percy was joining the guild. 

"I didn't expect him to agree so quickly!" I squealed. 

"Who?" Lucy yelped when she heard a voice. She turned around. 

"Natsu!" 

"Who were you talking about?" Natsu asked. Lucy gulped, but then smiled. 

"You'll see!" 

"Also, Lucy, where were you last night? I tried to open your window, but it was locked, so I went through your door, and you weren't there. I was so worried!"