Chapter 18

{Natsu POV}

"No!" I said, pulling Lucy to my chest. "There has to be another way."

"Natsu!" Her face was red. Zeref smirked. 

"So you guys are dating." 

"No!" She pushed me away. "You have the wrong idea." 

"Anyways." Gray said. "Yeah, there has to be another way."

"Well, the story can change if Ankhseram appears before us." 

"Indeed, I have come."

A booming voice shook the land. 

"I, Ankhseram, god of death and life, have come to meet this Thresaly Poisoned lady." 

A black orb appeared in front of us, and shattered, releasing back light. 

"Zeref Dragneel." 

"Lord Ankhseram?"

"Lucy Heartfilia." 

She flinched. 

"Both people, enter." 

Lucy looked at me. Then she looked at Zeref. 

"Let's go. If the god wants us, then we need to go." He offered his arm, and Lucy cautiously took hold of it. They entered the light together, and it grew smaller and smaller, before it was nothing. 

"Where'd they go?" I asked. 

"To the council of Ankhseram." Erza replied. "They will be judged whether they are allowed to live or die." 

{Lucy POV}

Warning: If you don't like high-speed rollercoasters, cold wind blown on your face, and darkness, then I advise you to never enter a portal opened by the god of death and life. 

"Ankhseram." 

"Lord Ankhseram." He corrected. 

"Right. Gotta add the 'Lord'." 

Ankhseram was a tall, muscular god. He had horns, and a very...handsome face. In a godlike way. He wore black clothing(duh) with white designs. His shoes were black boots. He was very...godlike. He radiates death, but life. It was hard to explain. I shivered. 

"It has come to my attention that you have been injected with Thresaly Poison, young Heartfilia." 

I nodded. "Yes sir." 

"And you, Zeref. You are a Historia, made by that Nienhart's magic." Zeref nodded. 

"And you have come to Zeref, in search of a cure?" He asked me, sounding a little offended. 

"Y-Yes?" I squeaked. 

"Hm...there's a price to  pay when you cheat death, young lady." He said. His eyes were hollow sockets, and in place of his eyeballs, mini-tornadoes of black light filled the voids. 

"I-I understand. What will be my price?" 

He tapped his chin. "Since it will be Zeref that will be helping you, shouldn't he be the one getting punishment?" 

I looked at Zeref. He suddenly widened his eyes. 

"No! I'm the one that came in search of him. He didn't know. I deserve the punishment!" 

"No, I'm dead, Lucy. I can be punished and not die." Zeref said. He gently grabbed my arm. 

"Ah, quite the opposite, actually." We looked at him, confused. 

"Your punishment will be life." He said. 

"Life?" Zeref asked. "What do you mean?"

"I will return your life." He said. Zeref widened his eyes. 

"But no fear, young one. You will stay mortal. You won't have my curse, and you'll eventually die." 

"And my magic?" 

"Will be given. You will use death magic. Very similar to your previous magic." He said. I looked at Zeref. 

"You can't do it. You'll be leaving First Master behind." I said. "She's going to be so heartbroken." 

"Ah, don't worry about that. I am quite merciful when I'm in a good mood." He rubbed his mustache. "Your wife and children will be granted life also." 

Zeref's breath hitched. 

"What happens to me?" I asked. He laughed, though it sounded more like a roar. 

"You, of course, will be cured. No harm done. But..." 

He extended his hand, palm facing upwards. "You will be marked with my mark." 

"What does...it do?" It was black and white, in the shape of a flower. 

"It lights up in different colors, when you feel different emotions. If you feel angry...you will get a boost of demonic power." 

"Demonic...power?" 

"Yes. But that only happens if you're really really mad. You can be almost as powerful as...well, END." 

I shivered at the thought of Natsu. 

"Alright. We will accept your terms." 

"Where do you want your mark branded, Lucy?" I looked all over my body. 

"My upper shoulder." I said. I couldn't tell anyone about it. 

"Alright." 

In a few seconds, everything went black. 

{Natsu POV}

We waited for about at least 20 minutes. Suddenly, a black light shined from the ceiling of the room, and out dropped an unconscious Lucy and Zeref. 

"You guys!" We caught them. 

Lucy was shivering. She had a mark on her shoulder...

I moved the cloth and looked at it curiously. 

"What is this?" I asked. Everyone turned to look at the mark. They looked at it curiously. 

"I'm not sure. Was it always there before?" Erza asked. 

"I'm pretty sure not. Maybe she got it while visiting Ankhseram." Gray said. 

Suddenly, Lucy and Zeref jerked awake. 

"Where? Ankhseram?" Then she squinted her eyes. "Light?" 

"Lucy!" We tackled her to the floor, and she yelped in surprise. We got off of her. 

"Are we back?" She asked. We nodded. 

"Lucy-San, what is this?" Wendy pointed at the mark we were looking at. 

She widened her eyes as her eyes laid on her shoulder. 

"Oh, just a tattoo I recently got." She said. Then she quickly hid it with a jacket. It started to glow black. 

"So? What happened?" 

(After explanation) 

"So...you're alive?" We asked. Zeref nodded. 

"Yes." Suddenly, Lucy grabbed Zeref's arm. 

"Your kids. First Master."  He widened his eyes. 

"Are they here?" Zeref asked, looking around. We looked at him, confused. 

"Who?" 

"Mavis!" He ran out of the room. 

"His wife and kids are revived too." Lucy explained. We gasped. 

"So...then..."

"Yes. We can see First Master again."