Chapter 22

{3rd POV}

It's been at least 3 months. The war still raged. 

No more reinforcements were coming, and yet no one wanted to back down. 

No one gave up. 

Everyone was beaten everyday, and yet everyone came back the next day, ready to fight again. 

"I want this to end..." Lucy whispered in her bed. Her team was sharing a whole room, and it was so small, they had to all sleep next to each other. Natsu was on her right, and Erza was on her left. 

"Me too..." Lucy flinched as warm arms wrapped around her torso.

"Natsu..." 

"I'm tired, Luce." He muttered, opening his eyes. "I'm so tired of fighting." 

This surprised Lucy. Natsu loved fighting. 

Lucy couldn't help but sob into his chest. 

"It's so unfair..." She said. "If only I didn't meet with Percy..."

"But you did it out of love, remember?" He said. "I think I would meet you every night..."

Lucy blinked and realized what he said. 

"I love you..." he said, and wrapped his arms tighter. "I love you so much..." 

The heat in her cheeks rose. But she didn't care. 

Another pair of arms wrapped around her. It was Erza. 

"I love you too, Lucy..." She said, and Lucy realized she was slightly crying. 

Lucy sat up, and realized no one was sleeping. Gray was clenching his fists, fighting back tears. Wendy was sniffing, while hugging Carla. 

"I'm so sorry, you guys..." She muttered. She put her face into her hands, and silent tears wet her hands. 

"Oh, stop being so emotional..." Gray muttered, but he pulled her into his chest anyways. They all did a little group hug. 

"So no one was sleeping, huh?" Lucy opened her eyes, and Mira was at the door, and so was everyone else. 

"This war must end..." She said. "I don't want to cause any more harm to my family..." 

"Aw, Lucy." Mira pulled Lucy into a comforting embrace. "If anything, this war is causing harm to you."

Lucy could feel her eyes water again. She couldn't see Percy for a really long time, and she missed him dearly. 

Ankhseram's mark glowed a dark blue. 

Sadness. Depression. 

Meanwhile back at Half-Blood's base camp, Annabeth called Percy so that they could talk. Percy, at first, didn't want to. In fact, they haven't talked for the past months. 

"I'm glad you came." Annabeth said, looking down at her hands. 

"What do you want to talk about?" Percy asked, sitting down next to her. An uncomfortable silence filled the two. 

"Well...I know it's late and all...but....but..." 

"But?"

"I-I think I need to end this war." 

Percy blinked twice really fast, trying to process what she was saying. 

"What?"

"It's my fault. I caused such a massive war over nothing." Annabeth hid her face in her hands. "How disappointed would Mom be?"

Percy stayed silent. 

Honestly, Percy missed Annabeth. They were good friends. 

"You...You mean it?" 

"I'm scared, Seaweed Brain. What do I say? What do I do if they don't accept?" 

Percy didn't say anything. He wasn't the type to comfort people. 

"Do you want me to answer honestly?" Percy asked Annabeth. She nodded. 

"I think they'll accept you." Annabeth looked at him, her eyebrows raised. 

"You...You do?"

"Yup."

She wiped stray tears on her face. 

"Do you...Do you forgive me?" Percy wasn't expecting that, but he already knew his answer. 

"Yes."