Chapter 16

{Natsu POV}

I smelled Percy. 

"It's him." I said. Gramps turned around. 

"Yes, Percy?"

"Master Makarov—"

"You chose the right path, Percy. You've gone back to your family." He said. "We'll meet another day, but we'll be on complete opposite sides. Tell your family to be prepared."

"Can I at least see Lucy? Please." He went on his knees. 

"Only once." Gramps said after some thought. 

"Thank you. Thank you so much." He got up, and followed us into the guild hall. 

We led him to the infirmary, and he spotted Lucy. I did too. 

"She hasn't stopped cracking..." Freed said. 

"Thank you, Freed." Gramps said. He nodded and left. Gray, Erza, Gramps, Percy, Happy, Wendy, Carla, Levy, and I remained. 

"Has she gained consciousness yet?" 

"She's not going to gain consciousness until tomorrow." Percy said. We all wiped our heads towards him. 

"What do you mean?" Gray asked. 

"The process started. Her body is confused at the moment, and probably trying to sort this out."

"You mentioned a cure earlier. What's the cure?" Erza asked. 

He paused. He looked at Lucy sadly. 

"She has to trade in her soul. She'll be soulless forever." 

 {Lucy POV}

I opened my eyes into complete darkness. 

"Where...?" 

Everywhere I looked, I saw darkness. It was like someone turned off all the lights at night. 

"Ah, Lucy. Long time no see." 

I turned around. She had dark, silky hair, and a white headband. She wore a blue and white outfit, and a small, glass ball was held at her side by her wrist. 

"You're..."

"I don't have time for explanation, Lucy. Your body is dying as we speak."

"But...how...?"

Ultear smiled. "You'll understand. For now, I have come to help." 

"Help?"

"As I mentioned a few seconds ago, your body is dying." 

"Dying...The poison." 

"Yes. Somehow, your body's time has stopped, allowing me to speak in your consciousness."

"I see." 

"So...I have a way to save you from your body. You already know the first cure, no?"

"Yes. Yes I do." 

"Well, I have one other solution." 

My heart started to beat really fast. Another way...another way to cure me. 

"What is it?" 

She extended her hand, bringing the sphere with her, 

"I have the power to release your third power...the power that can heal you. Your Third Origin."

"My...Third Origin?" 

"Yes. Your magic is of the stars. With your magic, you can convert your fate, and save yourself."