Chapter 13

{Lucy POV}

I looked out the window. 

"It's not your fault." Natsu's voice echoed in my head. 

"It is." I said to myself, letting the shame sink in. "I'm an idiot." 

"Lucy." 

I turned around, recognizing the voice. 

"First...Master?" 

She smiled, and sat at the edge of my bed. 

"Aren't you...aren't you supposed to be..."

"Dead? Yes, I am. But Zeref helped me appear before you just for a short amount of time." 

She looked around. 

"The infirmary hasn't changed a bit." She said. 

"Why are you here, First Master?"

"I've come to warn you."

"Warn me?"

"A war will be coming very soon. You will be forced to make a decision that could either lead to the world's destruction or it's peace." She said, looking at me seriously. 

"War? Decision?" I asked. She smiled kindly. 

"I know you can do it. You're a very smart and brave girl, Lucy." I was still confused. 

"Wait—"

"I must go. Remember my warning, and think carefully." She disappeared into mist. 

"Wait!" I said, reaching for the now empty space. The door opened, revealing my team. 

"What's wrong?" Natsu asked. "Wait for what?"

"N-Nothing." I quickly extracted my hand. 

A war was coming. 

"Where's Percy?" I asked. 

"He left to go confront that camp of his." Natsu said, crossing his arms. "To be honest, I still don't trust him." 

"Oh, Cmon, Natsu." Erza said, walking in. 

"What?" He asked. "You trust him?"

"I have a feeling that he didn't backstab us. He seems pretty genuine." Erza said, sitting down at the edge of the bed. 

"Percy-San is still a guild member, Natsu-San." Wendy said. "Even if it is for just two months." 

"Guild member, my butt!" Natsu said. I sighed. 

"Natsu, just, believe in him, okay?" I said. "Don't judge a book by its cover."

"What does a book have to do with this?" Natsu asked. 

"It's a figure of speech, Flamebutt." 

"What you call me?" 

"A flamebutt!"

"You're an icebutt!"

"Say what?" 

"Enough!" Erza stopped them before they even bumped foreheads. 

"A-Aye!" 

I sighed angrily. 

"Are you feeling a little better, Lucy-San?" I looked at Wendy. She was too innocent, I couldn't get mad at her.

"Better." I replied. "But I have to tell you guys something."

I explained what First Master told me. 

"I knew it." Erza said. "A war." 

"I get to bash his head!" Natsu said, hitting his fist against his palm. 

"No." I said. "This isn't some fun play we're about to do. Percy's friends are half-gods. It's going to be a lot like Alvarez." 

"That was a tough battle..."

"Even worse, they use weapons, like sword and shields and bow and arrows." 

"Swords, eh?" Erza asked. "I can deal with swords." 

I fidgeted with my hands. I didn't want a war with Percy. 

Natsu hands engulfed mine. 

"Don't worry! If we do war, we'll win!"

"I don't want to win. I don't want a war. I just want Percy. That's it." 

"They started the war as soon as they poisoned you." Carla said, crossing her human arms. "That's an unacceptable act."

"Carla's right. If a war does break out, they would have started it." Gray said.

"It doesn't matter who or what starts it, you idiot!" I said. The words slipped out of my mouth. I was so frustrated. "The fact that we might have a war is the problem."

Gray kinda looked upset that I called him an idiot. 

"Whatever." I said, putting my feet on the floor. "I'm going to go find Percy and tell him what's going on." 

I tried to stand, but a wave of nausea overwhelmed me. My vision went blurry for a second, and I stumbled. 

"Are you okay?" I blinked a few times to clear my vision. Gray was helping me up. 

"The poison hasn't worn off yet, Lucy-San. You have to be more careful." Wendy warned. I sat back down, and swallowed some saliva. 

"Can someone go call Percy?" I asked. "I need to tell him about the war before anyone gets any ideas." 

"Lu-Chan!" I turned to the door and saw Levy. 

"Levy-Chan?"

She ran up to me and tackled me down, crying. 

"W-What's wrong?" I asked, still surprised at her sudden tackle. 

"Um...is she okay?" Natsu asked. "What's wrong, Levy?" 

"Lu-Chan!" She wailed, crying harder and louder. 

"Um..." I said, patting her back. "Yes?"

"Don't leave me! Take me with you!" She wailed. 

"Um...where am I going?" I asked, still confused. "I'm not going anywhere..."

She cried a lot harder. Seriously, if she cried any harder, she was going to throw up her voice box. 

"Levy-Chan!" I peeled her off, and made her look me in the eye. I now realized that a lot of people were at the infirmary door, looking sad. Some were crying. 

"Um..." Erza walked up to them. 

"What's wrong? What's going on?" 

"The poison." Mira-San said. "The poison..."

"Poison?"

"It isn't just deadly poison. Lucy's dying in 3 days."

Soooooo super duper sorry for the late and short chapter😣