Chapter 1

Lauren Jauregui was in her living room having just written some songs she sat down and decided to rest for a while before going back to her studio. She sighed picking up her phone to check up on some people when her phone rang and a name she never thought would speak to her again popped up.

For a moment she just stared at the screen, not sure if she really was up to talking to her after all these years. But pushing away the doubts she took a deep breath picking up the phone.

"Hi Camila,"Lauren sat straight as to her voice to sound a bit more clearer than before or to not give away the fact that she was getting deja vu of some kind "Hi Lauren" Camila's voice came through the speaker, Lauren almost released a sigh hearing her voice after so long.

"how have you-how've you been?" Lauren stuttered clearing her throat to try and cover up her stutter, "I've been great, how're you?"

"I'm good."

After that the two didn't say a word to each other, sitting in kind of an awkward silence before Camila spoke up again.

"oh yeah I was on the phone with Dinah and she said she has some important things to discuss and told me more like ordered me to she said and I quote 'get her up her lazy ass and onto the call'." Camila impersonated Dinah's accent which wasn't that good per se but it got Lauren to laugh so it was fine, "alright then lets get on the line," Lauren said a bit excited since the three of them would be in a conference call after so long.

"Roger that," Camila replied in a deep voice as to sound like a soldier, "when did you become a soldier?" Lauren questioned jokingly.

That was the thing of their relationship they could ease into conversation whenever they wanted even if they were in a fight no matter how big they knew that they could count on each other even after the hiatus and the fallout.

And right now they may have had a bit of a awkward situation at first but they somehow overlooked it.

"I've been a soldier for 23 years laur"

"uh minus 4 years you were a literal baby."

"I was an overly excited teen in a super girl group so I stepped down from the soldier position," Camila pouted forgetting that it was a phone call, "who stepped down from what?" Dinah's voice came through the speaker, "I did from my soldier's position when in the band"

"uh chancho you were never a soldier"

"Yes!" Lauren exclaimed, "someone agrees with me!"

"Wait, I'm with Mila," Normani came onto the phone, "yes mani!" Camila exclaimed, "ally whose side are you on?" Lauren asked glancing at her phone to see Ally was on, "yeah let mama 5H decide" Camila used the nickname they had given her, "first of Hi y'all, second I'm on everyone's side" a group of groans and 'not fair' broke out at the comment.

"So why were we summoned?" Ally asked breaking the banter, "cheechee you summoned us" Camila replied.

"Right," Dinah took a deep breath, "so um since our 10-year anniversary is in a month I couldn't stop thinking about everything that we did for 6 years, the shows and the awards and fun we had on the tour bus," these things that Dinah was listing of made the four them relive every moment they had spent together for six years before the hiatus and Camila leaving.

"So," Dinah continued "I got in contact with Simon about the group and I know everything that we wanted while in the group and couldn't get any so I made a deal with Simon that if we all come back together our contract will be according to our comfort"

"You talked to Simon about that?" Ally asked in a faze, "yeah I know I should've talked to you guys first but I don't know," Dinah sighed waiting for a response from any of them.

"all of us as in us five?" Camila asked after letting the information down on her, "yeah..." Dinah answered.

"and if only four return?" Lauren asked, "We go by the same contract" Dinah sighed, "I know I should've contacted you guys first but I just thought that if maybe I could get-"

"I'm in," Normani said cutting off Dinah's rambling, "what?"
"I'm in"
"So am I," Ally grinned.
"Camila?" Lauren asked, her answer was yes everybody caught on to that, Lauren gripped her phone tight in her hand as she waited for Camila to say something.

"you can take your time," Dinah said, "we don't meet up until July 10th"

Camila just sat there processing this all, sure her solo career was going awesome but not once did the thought cross her mind to get back with the group, everyday she thought how it would've turned out if she didn't leave and now she had the chance to do that she was going to take it, "see ya on July 10th"

All the four yelled into the phone after letting the news get to them, Ally was jumping around her house, Dinah dancing in her car, Normani yelling phrases that none of them could understand into the phone while Lauren and Camila were laughing.

"I'm almost home and we're doing a video chat right now," Dinah ordered laughing, "Roger that, Captain Cheechee" Camila laughed.
Ally, Normani and Dinah got off the phone leaving Lauren and Camila on the phone.

"Camz?" Lauren let the nickname slip up, "yeah lo still here."

"you don't have to do this under the impression that we'll get our rights okay? do what you want"

"for so long I thought that maybe I was the reason we couldn't climb up after...you know, but the longer I kept that thought the harder it got to let go"

"Camz-"

"and knowing that me leaving the group broke the four of you I couldn't bring myself to tell it to anyone"

Lauren sighed her eyes stinging from the tears that were forming, "I am to blame for that not you Camila" Lauren leaned her head back hoping the tears will go away,"I should've fought harder I-"

"you didn't want to go public but me being the reckless teen didn't even stop twice to see your point of view and then the lucy thing happened and I cracked" Camila sighed trying to gain her voice back, "I never wanted for anyone to find it out like that, I didn't even know they would post it," Lauren clarified.

"It's okay though I get it, we were both young and at the peak of success."

Lauren smiled, "you were always the smart one."

"uh please you were the grammar queen, no you still are," Camila joked, "well that's true but I was right all the time," Lauren sassily replied, " really? 'the clothes is big on us?'"
"that was once!" Lauren whined.

"sure,"Camila smirked, both of the adults' phone rang with an incoming video call from the other three.

The screen lit up with the faces of very excited adults all of them yelled a 'hi/hey!' together before laughing, "what've you been up too?" Camila asked laying down on her bed, "nothing much some songwriting here and there and a few live streams" Ally replied the others agreed with her.

"But the real question is," Normani said, "what the hell Mila? you won the world over."

"yeah she did" Dinah said pointing her finger on the screen probably towards Camila.

"I didn't win the world over, guys!"

"oh please" Ally said, "your songs are trending not to mention the awards"

"yeah but you guys gave me the push so it's more like we won the world," Camila said earning 'awws' from the four, "and now that we'll be back again we can do it again"

"Hell yeah!" Dinah yelled.

"Speaking of again" Normani said, "are we going to do takeovers?"

"duh" the four replied, "awesome!" Normani exclaimed.

The girls talked for hours catching up on everything they missed and the plan and making sure everyone was in on their own merits and not because of the pressure.

A/N- right so I'm rewriting this book because it is almost eligible for the wattys 2021, it just isn't 50k words so I'll be adding a bit of stuff here and there and don't worry I won't mess up the plot line I promise.
Enjoyyy!