Chapter 4

"Guys come on!" Ally yelled from the car towards the house, "we need to go now!"

"Coming mom," all of them groaned running in the car and taking their places.

"We need to select the places and get our photoshoot shone and whole lot things and we're already late," Ally whined, "being a second late doesn't count, Ally," Dinah huffed closing her eyes. Her, Normani, Camila and Lauren were running on no sleep since they decided to stay up and complete a series, while Ally slept. "Not my fault you didn't sleep."

"The show was interesting and intriguing" Lauren replied, "or Camila" Dinah muttered turning Lauren's cheek a deep shade of red, "doesn't matter because Camila's already gone" Normani pointed towards the sleeping girl in between Ally and Dinah, "So I'm going to sleep too, see ya," Normani said leaning against her seatbelt and closing her eyes, "me too," Dinah held up a peace sign leaning against Camila's shoulder.

"you wanna take a nap?" Ally asked turning to Lauren, "I'll wake you up when we arrive" Lauren shook her head, "I'm fine I'll sleep at night" she said taking out her earphones, Ally reached over and touched Lauren's hand stopping her hands, "you okay?" Ally asked her eyes shifting to look at Camila for a second, "I will be" Lauren smiled not the one that reached her eyes but enough to assure Ally that they'll be fine.

Ally nodded leaning back against her seat while Lauren closed her eyes her playlist on repeat.

(Flashback)

Lauren stood backstage looking around trying to focus on anything other than her rapidly  beating heart, she sighed closing her eyes for a second before opening them and looking at her family, "you okay?" Taylor asked rubbing her back, Lauren nodded, "yeah just nervous."

They were waiting for Lauren's name to call upon so that she could go and record the song she will be singing in front of the judges, hopefully, Lauren won't have to do a lot of retakes.

"you're gonna kill it don't worry" Clara smiled at her daughter, Lauren nodded with a light chuckle, she again found herself looking around the backstage but this time she saw a girl probably fifteen hugging a woman with her eyes closed and a soft smile at her face when she pulled out from the hug, she and Lauren locked eyes for a second before Lauren heard her name being called she tore her eyes away from the girl and followed the crew member momentarily glancing back to the girl.

____________

Lauren sighed at the memory wiping her eyes careful of her makeup, she took out her earphones since every song reminded her of the past. She looked at Ally who was possibly talking to her family or friends while the others were asleep, Ally frowned when she saw the tears in her eyes.

"I'll call you later, I gotta go," Ally said into the phone before turning to Lauren, "are you okay?" Lauren nodded clearing her throat, "just a memory" she said shifting in her seat, "about?"

"The day I saw her," Lauren whispered not wanting Camila to hear it, "its harder than I thought" Ally reached over and held Laurens hand in hers, "you're gonna be okay, both of you are, you got us"

Lauren nodded squeezing Ally's hand, "I know and I'm grateful for that" Ally gave her a small smile, "we gotta wake up the girls" Ally pointed towards the building, "yeah I got mani you get Camila and Dinah"

Ally groaned, "they are the hardest" she whined, "you're the mom" Lauren shrugged shaking Normani violently until she woke up screaming at her.

Ally decided to go with Camila since she's the less violent one, "Mila, wake up" Ally said shaking her shoulders, "nope" Camila replied snuggling into her jacket, "come on we're here already" Ally said shaking her again, "Dinah up" she said shaking Dinah too. Fifteen minutes and both of them were still sleeping.