2-25

"Did you hear? (L/N)-san is here in Aoba Johsai." Iwaizumi informs.

"Eh?" Oikawa said, looking shocked. He drops the food that he was eating. He couldn't believe his ears. The girl he liked to mess around with is here?

"Don't waste food!" Iwaizumi scolds. He was just about to hit Oikawa but dodges. He was still in daydream mode and still couldn't believe what he had just heard. He had to find out on his own.

"Do you know what class she's in?"

"I don't know. But I'm surprised. She looks so different." Iwaizumi said. But Oikawa had already left to go find which class you were in. Iwaizumi gets angry and doesn't understand why Oikawa was getting worked up just to find you.

No way. No way. No way. No way. No way. No way!! Oikawa says to himself. She's here? I thought I wouldn't care but why is it that I want to see her? I haven't seen her for like three years now? Oikawa looks from classroom to classroom.

Just when he finally opens your classroom door, he looks at the girl who seems to resembles you. He didn't know why it happened. But when his eyes laid onto the female, he knew it was her. It was as if the feeling of when he joked around with her sparked up again.

The girl was looking at the sky, listening to her headphones. When the female turns to Oikawa, Oikawa chuckles softly. She gets up her desk and started to walk up to the volleyball player.

"Oikawa?"

It was her. And it just gets worse.

❖❖❖

Oikawa goes home and just as soon as he opens the door, he sees you sitting down on his couch, talking to his father.

"What are you doing here?" Oikawa asks, pointing at you.

"You seriously need to stop pointing. It's rude," you said, sighing.

"Oh? You guys know each other?" an unfamiliar man asks sounding relieved. It was your dad. He was sitting next to you on the couch, smiling on how coincidental this was all was.

"Wait, what is she-"

"It's just what it looks like. I'm going to be living with you starting today." you sighed once more. You stood up from the couch and pat him on the shoulder. "I don't like it either but we just have to deal with it. I'm in your care."

"Oh, (Y/N), have you met Tooru yet?"

"Yeah," you said, walking to your new room.

When your dad sees Oikawa, he smiles and goes up to talk to him.

"So you already knew her?" he asks.

"Y-Yeah. We have known each other in middle school." Oikawa admits, smiling back.

"I see. That's good to hear. Fate is strange." your dad chuckles. "She's been through a lot in junior high. Her mom died and we lost our house. I'm sorry if it's like this."

"N-No, it's fine. Really." Oikawa said. No, it isn't! That means I have to put up with that girl every day!

"Thank you Tooru. My daughter is in your care." your dad said.

As Oikawa finishes talking to your father, he went in front of your room door. He opens the door carefully, trying not to make a sound. He sees you crouching yourself into a ball, holding your legs. You were crying.

Your phone started to ring which made Oikawa flinch for a moment, thinking that he was caught peeking. You look at the Caller ID and wipe your tears.

"Tobio?!" your tears had stopped flowing and you took a deep breath before picking up and show a small smile. Oikawa's heart began to sting a bit. "I'm home now," you answered. You continue listening to the other end of the phone. "No, I've made friends. You don't need to worry. Uh-huh. Thank you for calling. Kay. Bye."

Oikawa looks at you with a hint of sadness in them. He opens the door, unable to stare at you any longer, "Do you want me to help you pack?"

"Ah. No, it's fine. Thanks." you answered.

"You're living in this house now, so you don't have to hold back. You could ask me for anything if you like."

"You're just making things awkward," you said. "Just ask normal like you use to."

"I'm just trying to have that big brother ideal!" Oikawa explains.

"Ew," you said, giving him a look with disgust.

"Don't give me that! I'm trying my best too, you know!"

"Yeah, I know. Thanks, Oikawa," you said, laughing. Oikawa started to feel fluttery inside. "So if you're going to help me, can you move these boxes over there?"

"Woah! You're letting me do your job!"

"You're the one who wants to do it so badly," you argued back.

I think I like her smiling better than being sad.