42

EMILY'S P.O.V

I thought those words were exactly what I wanted to hear for the last few weeks but now that I was actually hearing them they never brought the happiness and relief I thought I would feel, well that's a lie for a second I felt relieved that what I thought was going to be the end of my freedom wasn't going to happen but after that left I was left with a shitty feeling in my stomach. I didn't know what it was at that time and for a while after until I managed to asked Terri about it when it wouldn't go away and was only growing stronger and she told me it was the mate bond so it wasn't my fault and I decided it wasn't how I actually felt. But in that moment I didn't want to actually tell Four, I actually wasn't going to tell Four because I knew he had worked so hard to make me happy and I honestly was grateful that I wasn't going to have to do it.

At the time we didn't really talk about it, I could tell Four didn't want to do I just thanked him but now it was like only a few days before the wedding and I knew he was going to want to talk about it soon. I was currently at my grandmas where I had spent most of my time for the last while surprisingly I had stayed here for a few days now and Four hadn't objected to it, probably because he knew that it was weird back at the house. Everyone was getting ready for the wedding, the usual stuff only when they seen me they would stop as if I would get offended by it. My mind was telling me I didn't have an issue and this was what I wanted but I could shake the heavy feeling I had that reminded me it was only going to get harder as time went by.

"Four rang earlier, he's lifting you so you can go back for tonight but he's dropping you off again tomorrow" Grandma informed me as she walked into the living room where I had lay for the last few days watching TV and FaceTiming my family. I knew the wedding was the day after tomorrow so at least I wouldn't have to see it.

"Yay" I mumbled earning a smack to the head by grandma as she attempted to tidy the mess that I created since I've been here.

************

"Did you enjoy your break away from me?" Four broke up the silence that filled up his truck since he lifted me. I knew it was going to be awkward but I didn't know how awkward.

"Unfortunately it wasn't long enough" I attempted to lift the mood that was already set in the car. I didn't know why this was such a shit thing.

Four let out a breath of an almost laugh and it almost felt like it was before all of this mess, when I knew about the wolves and I was getting to do more things on my own. Almost.

For the next half an hour the car remained in silence until I realised that if we were driving back to the house then we would have gotten there by now. I wasn't really paying attention to the road as I was lashing with rain but as I looked at the roads I realised that I didn't know where we were.

"Where are we going?" I asked looking over at Four, I wasn't panicking I was just confused.

"The pack house is a mess right now with everything but I wanted to see you tonight so thought a long drive away from it could help" Four sighed one of his hands on the wheel and the other on his head.

He looked physically and mentally tired and I knew I was a part of the blame. I knew he wasn't thrilled about getting married either but I knew if I wasn't so upset about it then he wouldn't have been and if this was more normal to me he would be fine about it.

"Sorry for making you do all this" I replied.

"Don't, it's my fault that all of this even happened anyway love, I should have told you about it sooner. We're going to have to talk about it though" He tried to make a small smile in an attempt to try and make me not feel as bad.