Sleep on the Floor (J. Lennon)

Yes, I shamelessly based this off of a Lumineers song oMg

Also, I promise I will write your song suggestions! I've gotta get them all written down and find some stories to go with them all.

♫ ♫ ♫

1959-60

It was two in the morning. John was tossing and turning in bed, unable to fall asleep. He wasn't sure what it was, but something was keeping him up and wasn't going to let him sleep anytime soon.

After thinking through his very few options, he got out of bed and began to get dressed before sneaking through the house and disappearing out the front door.

He closed the door quietly behind him, making sure that he hadn't been caught. When he was content with his escape job, he started down the road towards his girlfriend, y/n's, house. He pushed his hands into his pockets. It was December 31 and he had an idea.

He knew which window belonged to y/n. They weren't exactly strangers to sneaking in one another's houses, after all. He sashayed up to the window and tapped on it, waiting for a reply.

After a few moments, a face appeared on the other side of the window. When y/n recognized John, she smiled and hoisted the window open.

"And what might you be doing here, John Lennon?" she asked him teasingly, brushing a strand of loose hair behind her ear.

"I've got an idea," he said to her quietly, making sure only the two of them could hear.

"Well, what's your idea?" she asked.

"Let's go to London," he said mischeiviously. "Right now. We can bring in the New Year with a bang."

Y/n smiled coyly. "I like the way you think. Let me get dressed."

"Leave a note," he said. "Let your folks know you're safe."

She nodded and disappeared to get ready. John leaned against the side of her house and took a cigarette out of his pocket along with a lighter.

He took a few drags of it and then watched as y/n emerged from her window. She pulled the window clsoed again and then looked at John. "You gonna share that?" she asked with a little grin.

John handed it to her. "Of course I will."

He watched as she took a drag of it and then breathed out, the smoke coming staright back into the air. It didn't even seem to phase her.

"How do you plan on getting us to London?" she asked him as she handed it back to him and he finished it off.

"I haven't got much," he said. "But it should be enough for a train ticket." He patted his coat pocket.

She nodded with a smile. "What a sly one you are, Lennon."

♫ ♫ ♫

The sun was just beginning to touch the sky when they finally arrived in London. They had just enough money left between the two of them for food and a ride home.

They spent the whole day running around, doing anything that they could think of. By that night, they had ended up in a set of woods, watching as Big Ben creeped toward midnight. They were standing in a clearing with tall, soft grass, not thinking about how cold it was. When it finally changed, they heard distant cheering and the two of them threw themselves at one another, their lips colliding. When they pulled away, John had a nervous look on his face.

Y/n watched in disbelief as John got down on one knee and pulled a small box out of his pocket.

"Y/n, there is no one I'd ever want to spend the rest of my life with...will you marry me?" he asked her.

There were tears in her eyes now. She nodded, torn between laughing and crying. "Yes, John! I love you!"

John stood up, overjoyed, and she watched as he slipped a small ring onto her finger. He pulled her back in for a kiss, but this time with more urgency. They could have cared less about the cold. They really just wanted each other. And now more than ever.