What Am I Doin' Hangin' 'Round? (M. Nesmith)

[𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩]

thorkelson- requested this one🥰 hope you enjoy!

♫ ♫ ♫

1966

Mike could feel the hot, Mexico sun beating down on his skin.

There was a beautifully tan girl lying on a chair next to him that he'd been eyeing for quite some time now.

He sat up and looked around. There were young children splashing around in the bright blue pool that was a mere four feet away from the hair he was in. Their parents were either in the pool next to them or sitting on the edge, talking to others and keeping an eye on them.

Mike had been on vacation for about a week now and was going home tomorrow. He didn't really know what he wanted to spent his last day doing, so he'd come down and situated by the pool to mull it over.

Suddenly, the girl next to him sat up and looked at him with a smile. "What's your name?" she asked, her accent thick as she tried to speak English coherently.

"Me?" asked Mike stupidly.

She laughed and the sound sent a fluttering through Mike's stomach. "Yes, you," she said in a flirtatious.

"Uh—." Mike suddenly forgot his own name. "Right, my name. Mike. I'm...Mike."

The beautiful girl in front of her smiled. "Nice to meet you, Mike," she responded. "I'm y/n."

"Do you live around here?" asked Mike, looking around.

"Yes," she responded. "I can tell you don't."

Mike turned red. "You can?"

She laughed. "Of course I can. Your accent KiNdA gives it away."

"Oh, yeah, right," Mike responded with a chuckle. "I'm just a lowly Texas boy."

"I think it's cute," she told him and he cocked an eyebrow.

"Do you, now?"

She nodded. "I do."

"How about I take you out for dinner?" Mike asked suddenly. "I've only got a day left here, so I may as well make the best of it and buy a pretty girl some dinner." He grinned.

Y/n nodded. "I think that sounds quite nice," she responded.

♫ ♫ ♫

Mike's eyes fluttered open the next morning in an unfamiliar room. It was a beautiful room. There was a large window on the back wall that overlooked the beach.

He sat up and wiped his eyes, his head aching just a little bit. Next to him lay the beautiful girl from yesterday. He smiled to himself before he carefully climbed out of bed without waking her. He went around the room gathering his clothes and putting them back on before he headed into her kitchen and wrote up a quick letter to her.

Thanks for the night. I hope you enjoyed dinner and I hope to be hearing from you again.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer. I've got a train to catch at noon.

~Mike

He left the note somewhere where he knew she'd find it and carefully slipped out of the house. He breathed in the warm air around him and sighed slightly. He was going to miss it here.

♫ ♫ ♫

I've been trying to get this done for so long😭 I hope you enjoyed!!

I've got a relatively exciting announcement to make hehe

Starting on December 1st, I am going to be trying to release a new Christmas-themed imagine everyday

I'm honestly quite scared😳 but I thought it was a good idea so I'm going to do my best and start writing right now😭🤚🏻

Anyways, I hope you'll stick around to read them all. The very first one is one I wrote last year for Instagram and is about the lovely George Harrison, coming at 12:30 on the 1st. I do hope you'll read it when it comes out😌

Have a good day, everybody!❤️