Honest, I Do! (B. Jones)

[𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩]

This was requested by the lovely brian_dandelion 🥰 She wanted me to to "Ram On" by Paul McCartney with Brian Jones. There was only so much I could do, so I hope you like it🥺 ily man😌🤚🏻

♫ ♫ ♫

1966

"Brian!" you squealed as your boyfriend grabbed you by the hand and began to pull you through a field. You were both running as fast as your legs could carry you.

After what felt like hours of the tall grass beating at your legs, he finally came to a stop. He gestured for you to sit down and he lowered himself next to you. He reached into the bag he had with him and resurfaced with a small soprano ukulele. It was blue and you watched in curiosity as he tampered with it and got it in tune.

"Can I play you a song?" he asked you with excitement glimmering in his beautiful eyes.

You broke into a wide smile. "Of course you can!" you told him.

"But, I'm shit at singing," he mused and the you broke out into a fit of giggling. "So you can't make fun of me, alright?" He laughed along with you.

You nodded solemnly. "I love it when you sing," I assured him. "Well, alright. Here it goes."

He began to strum the ukulele in a choppy, blues-like pattern and grinned at you in excitement. "Don't you know that I love you  / Honest I do / I'll never please  / No one but you."

You listened as Brian followed through with the whole song, played in his own special style and sung with his own special voice. When he finally concluded, you laughed and clapped your hands together. He jokingly bent forward in as much of a bow as he could manage while laying down.

"That was fantastic," you told him with a joyous smile.

He sat the ukulele aside and leaned over to kiss you on the lips. "You really think so?" he asked, pulling back. "You're not just saying that?"

I giggled. "Of course not. You know I don't lie."

"That's my love," he said with a cheeky grin, kissing you on the lips again and then situating himself back on the ground and picking up the tiny, blue instrument once again.

"Everyday, it's a-gettin' closer / Goin' faster than a roller coaster / Love like yours will surely come my way / A-hey, a-hey, hey," he sang and grinned at me. You knew that he was probably armed with hours and hours of songs to play to you, and the idea of it didn't upset you in the slightest. You were glad that he was having a good time.