Figurines, Tinsel, and Garland Galore (B. Jones)

1965

The front door opened and you heard a guitar case clatter to the floor.

"Brian, love, is that you?" you asked sweetly, fluffing out the last of the Christmas tree you'd just sat up.

You heard Brian sigh loudly from the foyer and heard the light sound of his suit jacket falling limply to the floor.

"Yes, it's me, darling," he responded.

You smiled to yourself and went to stand in the doorway. "How was your day?" you asked him with a smile.

His dark, melancholy frown immediately softened into a smile when he saw you. He came over to place a kiss onto your waiting lips. "It was pretty fucking stupid," he told me honestly. "I feel like I sounded like shit all day."

"Oh, Bri, I'm sure you sounded perfect," you told him with a wide smile.

"Yeah, in my dreams maybe," he scoffed. Then, he seemed to notice the smell of cookies in the air and heard the light sounds of a Christmas record coming from the living room and smiled down at you. "What'd you do today, then?" He asked, resting his hands on your hips firmly.

"Well, I decided to do a little decorating," you told him with the widest grin and reached for his hand to pull him into the living room where you had a plethora of Christmas decorations scattered about.

You watched as he smiled in amusement. He studied the tree and the fireplace that was crackling. He looked at all of the garland and figurines and tinsel hanging around the place. Finally, he spotted a plate of fresh cookies on the counter, and turned back to you with a smile. "It's so pretty," he told you.

"I figured we could decorate the tree together," you responded and he wrapped his arms around you tightly.

"I'd love that," he replied in almost a whisper, placing a gentle kiss on your cheek.