Here, There, and Everywhere (P. McCartney)

[𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩]

This was an imagine requested by RebekahMorris4 meant to be based around the song "Here There and Everywhere" by the Beatles. Hope you enjoy it, love🥰

♫ ♫ ♫

1966

All around you were trees, trees, and more trees. Next to me, y/n was sitting on a rock. She was wearing a floral sundress that she was holding down to keep from riding up her legs while I was in a black t-shirt and some jeans.

Across my lap was an acoustic guitar and on my face was a look of content. The wind was ruffling our hair as I bit my lip in thought. Under our bare feet, we could feel the cool water of the stream rushing past.

After a while, I halted the fingerpicking pattern I was fidgeting with and turned to y/n, a prideful smile on my face.

At the sight of her, I almost swooned. Sheepishly, I reached over and ran my hands through her beautiful hair, brushing through it and then pushing it behind her shoulder so I could see her perfect face juts a little clearer. Her cheeks were tinged pink in embarrassment.

"You're so beautiful," I whispered, overwhelmed by the sheer truthfulness in the statement like I was just about every time, but ended up being so quiet that I was almost sure that she didn't hear me at all.

Fortunately, her lips spread into a smile and I knew that she had. Her cheeks flushed a deeper shade of red. I could see myself in her eyes. I could see our future, a future I was almost sure we would share. I sure hoped we would share it.

She waved her hand dismissively at my comment. "I don't think that's right," she insisted.

"To lead a better life," I sang in retaliation. "I need my love to be here."

Her eyes flicked down to my hands that were dancing across the fretboard of my guitar.

"Here, making each day of the year," I continued, looking down to make sure I knew where my hands were going. "Changing my life with a wave of her hand / Nobody can deny that there's something there / There, running my hands through her hair / Both of us thinking how good it can be / Someone is speaking / But she doesn't know he's there."

I looked up and paused from singing. "I've been stuck for weeks," I told her. "But I think I've got it now." She smiled and nodded, beckoning for me to go on.

"I want her everywhere / And if she's beside me I know I need never care / But to love her is to need her everywhere / Knowing that love is to share / Each one believing that love never dies / Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there." I paused.

I looked up at her again and continued fingerpicking. I saw tears standing in her eyes. For a moment, I was worried I'd done something wrong.

"I love you, Paul," she said finally, and I knew that I was only doing everything right. "You'll always be here, right?"

I cracked a grin and continued singing. "I will be there / And everywhere / Here, there and everywhere."

She leaned over and kissed me before I could conclude the song, but I wasn't worried about it. She was happy with it, and that's how I knew that it, quite simply, was perfect.