Oh, How Lucky Can One Get? (B. May)

[𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩]

vintagedove requested a Brian May fluff, so that's what I'm bringing you today.

I was looking at pictures of young Brian and thought "wELL wHaT a CuTe LiTtLe mAn" so this is set in 1968 when he was 21😍🤚🏻 enjoy

Oh, and just in case you didn't know, Bri is on the bottom left hehe, but I figured you can tell

♫ ♫ ♫

1968

It was my first time staying overnight at my boyfriend of three months' house, and I was woken brutally in the middle of the night by a dull ache in my back.

I could feel Brian's body behind me, his arms around my body, but only loosely since he was asleep now. I looked over at the clock that was barely illuminated by the moonlight outside and saw that it was nearly three in the morning. Another wave of pain went though my body and I shifted uncomfortably, too groggy with sleep to really grasp what was happening.

Then, I finally realized what was happening and quickly shimmied my way out of bed and went into the bathroom. I closed the door as quietly as possible and looked around in alarm.

I paused to think.

I was at Brian's house for the first time, and my period had just started...way earlier than I'd expected. What the hell was I supposed to do?

I carefully pulled my pants down and sat on the toilet to examine the damage. There wasn't quite enough to have bled through my pants, but if I hadn't caught it in time, there definitely would have been.

I looked around in search of any possible thing I could use and turned up completely empty-handed. My eyes landed on the toilet paper roll next to the toilet and I sighed. There was no way that would get me through the night, but it was certainly a start. I reached for it and began my attempt at making something absorbent.

I could sneak out and go get something...

No, that's completely absurd. I shut the idea down almost before I had it.

If I didn't want to do that, then...well, then I'd have to just tell Brian.

Maybe sneaking out won't be so hard...

There was a gentle knock on the door as I was running my hands under the sink faucet. "Y/n?" came Brian's voice, sounding tired. "Are you alright, love?"

I felt unnecessary tears well up in my eyes. I shuffled over to the door and carefully opened it, not ready to spoil Brian's night. When he saw the tears gathered in my eyes, a sad expression came onto his face "What's wrong, baby?" he asked, reaching over to take my hand.

"Brian, I—," I began, my face turning red in embarrassment.

"What happened?" He looked a little nervous now. "You can tell me." He now reached forward and wrapped his arms around me.

"I just...I...my—." It appeared that I'd forgotten what words were altogether. "My period just started," I finally blurted in sorrow. He pulled back and my eyes fell to the floor as I cried quietly to myself. When I didn't hear him say anything, I looked up tentatively. This was it. I'd scared him away entirely. Instead, I found him looking at me, his eyes wide and full of concern.

"Wh-what can I do to help you?" he asked me.

"Well, I—." It felt like I just kept getting redder and redder in the face. "I don't have anything with me right now. I-I really need s-something," I stuttered, trying to get myself to stop crying.

"Well, we'll go get you whatever you need," he said with a bright smile.

"No, Brian, it's fine, I-I can go get it alone. I'll just run home and come straight back."

He shook his head. "I'll go with you." I blushed again. "Oh, don't be embarrassed, you silly girl. I'll make sure you feel better." He took my hand into his and led us back into his room. "Get your shoes on and we'll head out," he said before turning and leaving the room, presumably to find his own shoes.

I was honestly stunned. I hadn't in a million years expected him to be so...calm with this? For a moment, I just stood there in shock, trying to properly gather what was happening. He was just ready to drop everything at three in the morning just so he could help me? Why didn't that seem right?

Oh, right, because no one had ever been willing to do that for me.

Wasn't he disgusted? Mad that I'd woken him up? Annoyed that I was costing him his sleep right now?

"Y/n?" I snapped out of my trance to see him smiling. "Ready?"

I reached down and slipped my shoes quickly onto my feet and stood back up with a nod. "Uh—yeah, I suppose so," I said awkwardly.

He took my hand again and led me outside into the cold night air. "I'm sorry," I said sheepishly. "I didn't mean to interrupt your sleeping."

Brin waved his hand. "Nonsense. Don't apologize. You can't help it." He smiled encouragingly.

We both situated ourselves in his car and he began to pull us out onto the road so we could begin the journey to my house. Luckily, I only lived a few minutes away from Brian.

After we'd made it to my house and I'd gone inside and cleaned myself up, I came back out to find Brian sat on the couch waiting for me. "How about we just stay here the rest of the night?" he asked me. "So you feel at home and comfortable."

I smiled. "I think that'd be quite alright."

He stood up and we retreated to my bedroom. When we'd laid ourselves down under the covers, Brian spoke up again. "Where does it hurt," he asked.

I sighed. "My back," I replied, curling up close to him. I felt his hands slip under my shirt and he began to rub my back exactly where the pain was, making it feel ten times better almost immediately.

"Right there?" he asked quietly.

"Yes," I replied quietly. I smiled to myself as I thought about what had just happened. I was so lucky.

♫ ♫ ♫

I was trying to delete all the old parts where I had been tagged in things before I had my spam book, and my lord and savior Wattpad decided it wanted to delete some of my imagines instead. I have no idea which ones it was or anything.

Now, I am big boi sad😔🤚🏻

Also can a dude just come along and treat me like this. I don't like dying all alone every month

I read imagines like this all the time and they always make me happy, so I decided that I'd write my own🥴

Hope you enjoyed!