More Bubbles, Please! (R. Starr)

[𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩]

marmaladeskies67 requested a Ringo fluff and I had this idea chilling on my draft table so I figured I could finish it up and give it to you all🥰 I hope you like it!

♫ ♫ ♫

1967

You were on the couch reading when your husband, Ringo, stepped into the house. He had bags under his eyes and a deep look of distress on his face. He dropped his bag limply next to the door and dragged himself closer to the living room.

You watched him as he rubbed his eyes. When he saw you, he smiled feebly.

"Rough day?" you asked him.

"Yeah. You?" he responded, sitting down next to you and running his hand along your swollen stomach.

"He's been very active today. Kicking me and all that, and not very calmly either," you responded, referring to the baby in your belly with a laugh.

Ringo's lips turned upwards in a smile. "Well, that's not very nice," he quipped.

"Why'd you have a rough day?" you asked gently, brushing a piece of hair out of his eyes.

He shook his head. "Paul wants us to move on so fast," he said. "I mean, Brian has just died. He won't even let us catch a damn breath."

"Oh, Ritchie," you comforted, wrapping your arms around his neck and leaning close. He accepted your embrace gratefully. "Everyone deals with grief in different ways. Maybe Paul is just trying to distract himself."

"But he won't take our opinions into consideration. I don't want to be in the studio right now. I want to mourn."

You twirled strands of his scraggly hair through your fingers absentmindedly.

"Seems like we could both use something to calm us down," Ringo said before pulling back. He stood up and took you by the hand to pull you with him before leading you into your master bathroom and turning on the faucet.

"I hope you haven't got anything naughty in mind," you said cheekily. "Because I'd really just like to relax."

"Of course not," he said jokingly.

You both stripped off your clothes and Ringo added some bubbles to your bath. You two slipped under the water and just cuddled up together, feeling at ease with the combination of your arms around one another and the warm water all around.

Between Ringo's arms and the comfortable silence in the atmosphere around you, you could have stayed there for the rest of your life.

♫ ♫ ♫

That was the most platonic bath scene in the history of fanfiction. Applaud me.

Hope you enjoyed😌