For Your Love, I Would Give the Stars Above (J. Bonham)

Here you go boris_da_spider ahsgdgagd

♫ ♫ ♫

1975

"Congratulations, Mrs. Bonham, you're pregnant." The short, blond nurse in front of me smiled as she sat down in a chair across from where I was sitting on an examination table.

A thousand thoughts went through my head all at once and I suddenly felt dizzy. "I am?" I asked, on the edge of laughing and crying. When she nodded, I gulped.

John and I had been married for two years now. He always went on and on about how he wanted a family, so I wasn't sure why the thought of telling him made me so nervous. It must have just been the fact that we hadn't been talking about having a baby just yet, but nonetheless, I was sure we were ready. The only wary part of the whole thing was the state that John was in.

The rockstar life had definitely rubbed off on him. He was all into drugs and alcohol, almost more so than the rest of his bandmates.

We lived in a huge farmhouse bought last summer along with herds of animals roaming around that we looked after together. Everything was perfect for us—except for the fact that John was always out late drinking and would come home so hammered he could barely even walk straight. I always had to be careful about what I did around him when he was drunk. He could get violent. He was always so soft and caring when nothing was affecting him, but when it came to being drunk, you didn't want to be there to witness it. He was a nightmare.

Even so, I was ready to raise a child with him. It wasn't going to be easy, but I was ready.

♫ ♫ ♫

Later that evening, I was finishing up dinner when the front door opened and John called out for me.

"Y/n?" I heard him ask in a soft and alluring voice.

"In the kitchen, darling," I responded. I smiled to myself and a moment later, I looked up from the chicken I'd just put on a plate and saw him come around the corner, a broad smile on his face.

"How was the studio?" I asked him and he smiled.

"It was great." Then, he frowned. "We heard the mix for 'Since I've Been Loving You.'"

"You did?" I asked him as I reached above the sink to retrieve some plates from the cabinets overhead. "How was it?"

"Shit," he replied.

"And why is that?" I answered.

"I sounded like shit. My fucking pedal was squeaking the whole way through, and you can hear it, and so it sounds like utter shit."

He looked deeply upset about the subject. "Oh, come off it," I assured him. "I'm sure it was just fine."

"Robert, and fucking Jimmy, and damn John said they couldn't hear it, but I know they're lying."

"Well, how do you know that?" I asked him gently as I evenly distributed the macaroni cheese and chicken I'd made onto two plates for us.

"Because I-I-I just do. I don't know."

I nodded. "I'm sure the song will be great, John."

"I hope you're right," he murmured but broke into an excited grin when I pushed a plate across the counter and toward him.

"Would you like some water?" I asked him.

"Ah, yes, please." He gave me a gracious smile.