Christmas Cuddles (J. Page)

1966

You pulled up to your boyfriend, Jimmy's, house at 4:00 PM on Christmas Eve. You'd just gotten off work at the grocery store down the road and you'd had a long, upsettingly busy day.

You were just ready to kick off your shoes and curl up on the couch in front of the fire with Jimmy, to be completely honest.

As soon as you made it halfway up the sidewalk, the front door opened and you were met with his smiling face. You immediately let out a sigh in relief.

"Hey, Jimmy," you said, allowing him to wrap his arms around you as soon as you were within reach. His smell engulfed you, calming you down immediately.

"How was your day, beautiful?" he asked with a dopey smile down at you before he pulled away and led you into the house to help you remove your coat.

"There were so many people. My arms physically hurt because of all the damn hams I had to pick up."

"Aww, poor baby," he cooed, pushing you backward against the door and looking up. "Oh, how did that get there?" he asked. You looked up and saw some mistletoe hanging above your heads and you smirked.

"I can't believe you sometimes."

He chuckled as he leaned in to kiss you. "Guess what?" he asked as he pulled away.

"What?" you responded.

"I ordered pizza! Tonight, we are watching every Christmas movie they play on TV," he told me.

"I hope there's lots of cuddles!" you responded enthusiastically, laughing.

"There will be as many Christmas cuddles as you want! Call me Santa Claus," he teased.

You giggled. "You better take that mistletoe down before the pizza guy gets here," I told him. "Otherwise, you're going to have to kiss him too."

"Oh, right," he replied, reaching up to pull the little plant down. He kept his hand above your head with a smile. "One more?" he asked innocently.

You laughed and leaned in again.

"Ahhh," he sighed. "I love you!"

"I love you too!"

"Now that that's off the table, it's time for cuddles!" He grabbed you by the hand and pulled you towards the living room.