Kissing You is Better Than Decorating (P. McCartney)

1963

You strode up to your boyfriend's house on a cold December day bearing a tray of cookies you'd just pulled out of the oven that morning.

There was a long, black coat covering your red jumper and your hair was pinned back so that it wouldn't get in your face.

You stepped up onto the McCartneys' front porch and knocked on the door, stepping back to wait for someone to answer. It was Paul's younger brother, Mike, that opened the door after a few moments.

"Good afternoon, y/n," he greeted and Paul immediately appeared over his shoulder with a wide grin on his face.

"Hey, guys," you greeted, smiling at him and then at Paul as they moved aside to let you in. "I brought cookies," you taunted.

"Bloody hell, those smell so good," Paul added happily.

"Well, feel free to dig in. I didn't make them for them to just sit alone the whole time." You smiled.

Paul was wearing a black sweater and some dark jeans. His hair was ruffled like he hadn't brushed it this morning and he was biting his lips nervously as he stared at you. He always pretended that he was a tough guy when he was around other people, but as soon as he was with you, it was like he melted out of that façade. He was immediately a softie, his cheeks always tinted pink and his demeanor a lot more caring and gentle.

"I'm glad you're here," he said.

"Why wouldn't I be? I love decorating." You smiled happily. You'd agreed to come over and help Paul's family decorate for Christmas today. He had been completely overjoyed.

"That's good because we're terrible at it," he joked as he led you into the kitchen so you could set the tray of cookies down on the counter.

"Well, I'm glad to be able to help you." You sat the tray down and looked up at Paul, who was smiling at you. As soon as your eyes met his, he bent down and kissed you on the lips quickly.

He pulled back with a cheeky grin and you giggled. "I think I like kissing you more than I like decorating," he said.

You shook your head with a smile. "I love you," you said.

Paul broke into a wider, more prideful grin. "I love you too," he replied.