Baby, It's Cold Outside (R. Starr)

1963

You were walking down the road in the moonlight, your hand clasped in firmly in that of your boyfriend, Ringo's.

It was Christmas Eve and you had been out with Ringo all day since you'd both be with your families tomorrow on Christmas Day.

It had been a great day. You'd gone out to breakfast, gone to a movie, walked in the park, walked around and looked at Christmas lights, and now you were going home with takeout to eat at Ringo's house. It had been the perfect day.

There was a little bit of snow falling from the sky now and the air was definitely cold, but Ringo's hand holding yours and his body so close to you made it bearable.

You made it to Ringo's house and he got out his key to open the door and let you in.

"How about I light the fire?" he asked you with a bright smile. "We can eat in the living room."

You nodded happily. Ringo handed you the food you guys had gotten and crouched down to light a fire. You sat the bag down on the coffee table and situated yourself on the floor, pulling a blanket off the couch with you that you could fold for the both of you to sit on. Once Ringo had successfully lit the fire, he plopped done next to you. "Now, that's better, isn't it?" he asked you with a smile.

You nodded with a grin. "Now, let's eat, shall we?"

You indulged in easy conversation as you both chowed down on the fish and chips you'd bought for dinner and sipped at the soda you were sharing just so you'd managed to save some money.

Once you'd finished, Ringo took you by the hand and pulled you with him as he sat down on the couch. He pulled you as close to him as possible and draped a blanket across both of your laps. You settled against him comfortably, closing your eyes as you basked in the warmth coming off of his body.

"This has already been my best Christmas yet," you told Ringo. Then, you giggled. "And it hasn't been started yet."

"Well, the snow is picking up," he responded. "Maybe you'll most unfortunately get stuck here tonight," he chuckled. "Then we can properly see the holiday in together."

"Sounds brilliant," you responded. Then you pulled away and smiled at him, studying every detail of his face with love in your eyes.

"Stop starin' at me, ye silly girl," he responded.

You blushed and he leaned in and connected your lips, sending a thrill through your veins from your head to your toes. When he pulled back, you whimpered slightly at the loss. "Whats tha' song?" he asked you. "The one we always make fun of?"

"Uh—the 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' one?" you replied. "The one I always say is creepy as hell?"

He chuckled. "Yes, that one. What would you do if I started singing that right now?"

"I'd kiss you so you'd shut up." You grinned cheekily, your eyes fluttering down momentarily to land on his lips.

"Well, in that case, gosh, your lips look delici—." You did just as you'd promised.

"It's snowing pretty hard," he hummed against your lips. "Maybe you should stay the night."

"Maybe," you replied, putting your arms around his neck.

♫ ♫ ♫

For the record, "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is completely and utterly terrifying. It scares tf outta me and always has

Therefore, I don't ever want to hear it again😁🤚🏻