Twenty-Six

"It's Richie's idea to go on a road trip. But where should we go?" "How about Florida?" "I would relatively not end up someplace around the well-known "Florida man" headline is," Stanley puts in as he reads a book.

I sit beside Richie, he props his head on his arm. "Well. Where should we go?" "Canada? Somewhere cold?" Mike adds in. "The beach. I wanna go to the beach." His hand clutches my wrist, tugging me into his side.

"The beach seems fun. If we all pitch in we can go." Beverly smiles as everyone agrees.

Everyone glances at each other in awe as Richie holds onto me and falls asleep once more. His heart beat slows down.

"Richie come on." He takes a deep breath before standing up and following behind me, I hold onto his wrist. "The fuck?" Beverly giggles.

Richie follows to his room where he starts to pack, fully waking up also. "We're going to the beach?" "Yeah...pack some clothes fit for the weather. I'll be right back."

"No stay. Sit." Sleepily he tilts his head to the bed. "Richie we need to leave in a bit. Get your stuff ready please." He sighs and nods his head.

"Yeah he's packing now." "Are
w-we all going together o-or?" "My car is big enough for four. The cup holders in the back won't go back up." She chuckles.

"I'll ask Richie who he wants to go with." "I wanna go with you." He mumbles, putting his chin on my shoulder.

"We'll go with you two." Stanley smiles at Richie and I.

(Btw idk what beach they would go to if they live in Derry, Maine. so I'm just not gonna say the location.)