Forty-Two

Billiam

R: I'm gonna take him back to the hotel. He's really tired
B: okay. We're gonna hang out some in Beverly's room

"Come on. Let's go." The boy had already fallen asleep while sitting there. Richie slowly picks him up, putting him in his back. "Richie?"

There's a certain smell that sticks with Richie.

Cigarettes and Mint gum.

"I'm taking you back to the hotel room. Just relax." He uses his calmest voice. Feeling slight warmth, the smaller one snuggles his head onto the crook of his neck.

A couple of minutes go by, the two make their way into the hotel. Eddie still rests on his back. "Fucking hell..." he whispers to himself. Realizing he's been smiling this whole time.

Finally, they make their way to the hotel room, laying Eddie down slowly Richie changes quickly. Turning all the lights off, laying his glasses on the table and laying beside the boy.

He admires the boy's facial expressions in the dark. Being able to point out small little imperfections that he, Richie Tozier. Thinks are perfect.

The boy is perfect for him. The way he acts, his smile, his laugh. The way he argues with Richie makes him smile brightly.

"I'm cold..." Eddie whispers mid-sleep. His first reaction is to pull the smaller one close. Which he does.

Their legs stay tangled as Richie's hand grips his lower back, Eddie's breathing prickle his collarbones.

He wants to shift the way he acts. Not for others. But for Eddie.

Change the way he acts, the way he thinks, the way he behaves toward people. He then acknowledges that Eddie likes the way he acts. Loves it even.

The only reason he likes him. How he acts. Him in general.

The boy navigates towards people who are polar opposites than himself. People who aren't germaphobes or neat.

Someone who he can learn from. Individuals, he can change the tiniest bit and the other tells them not to.

Because they think he's perfect the way he is. The way he met him.