Fourty

He takes one punch. I lose it. At this point, I had blacked out. I could no longer hear Eddie screams. My focus was on the guy on the ground.

My hearing comes back as Eddie tries to pull me away from the guy. "Hey! Listen to me!" He intertwines our fingers. "Come on. You're bleeding."

My lip busted.

The other guy had run away. Letting Eddie go as he did.

"I'm sorry Eds..." "It's fine. Let's go eat. No need to apologize." His voice soft and sweet.

Walking into the restaurant Stanley glares at us, he understands and decided to distract our friends as we make our way to the bathroom.

Stanley🦜

S: what the fuck?!
R: I'm fine. Some homophobes decided they wanted to fight. One of them is still outside on the ground. The other ran.
S: fucking hell Richie. Are you okay?
R: my lip is not BUT. Eddie is. That's all that matters right now.
S: what did they do to him?
R: only held him. Wouldn't let him go.
S: shit Richie. What are you gonna tell the others when you come back
R: fell into a wall
R: it's Eddie. I would believe that
S: yeah seems believable

Eddie wipes my face off, cleaning my lip. "Thank you." "Richie you're hurt. Why wouldn't I help you? You're my best friend." He focuses as runs his thumb over my bottom lip. "You're right. Come on." I lead him out of the bathroom, we get to our table.

"Y-You fell into a w-wall?" We all chuckle. "Yes. Shut up Bill I'm hungry. I want garlic bread." "Who's gonna tell him?" "They don't have it here?!" My voice gets louder, people look at our table.

"Well fuck. I'm not hungry then." "We ordered you chicken and fries." "Ooooh." They all laugh at my child-like manner.