Thirty-One

"I-I...Bill?" "Fuck you." Bill walks away quickly. Stanley stares blankly at the concrete. "I'm gonna go get in the car." Eddie opens his mouth to say something, nothing comes out but: "Okay...we'll be right there."

I nod and continue to get snacks. "So...when can I get your number?" "Never." "Why not?!" He giggles at my reaction. "Because you would probably send dic-" I gasp. "No...that's only on special occasions." "None believable." "Fine. I don't send any. Never have and never will."

Eddie gasps dramatically. "Wow, have my number now." "Wait really?!" He walks away, rolling his eyes. "No." "Well, that's fine. I've already met the love of my life!" He gets in the passenger seat, flipping me off through the window.

I run to the driver's side. "Wait...never mind." He glares at me. "What? Please tell me." "It's not important. Now let's get going. I wanna be at the beach. Take a nap or something. Like Stanley in the back." "I'm not asleep asshole."

Stanley lays in the back. Covered up by a hoodie I left before getting out. "Hurry up Rich." I sit down and start to drive, Beverly and the others follow behind.

*Fifteen Minutes Later*
Stanley starts to snore, Eddie stares out of the window, his seat laid back. "I'm cold." I glance over at him, turning the air down. "Here." I keep my eyes on the road, pulling my hoodie over my head.

"Richie!" He whispers yell, grabbing the steering wheel. "I should be driving. Do you even know how to drive?!" He whispers yells the last part. "Nope. Never got my licenses." He pulls the hoodie over his head.

I was expecting him to just lay it over himself. But instead, he pulls it on. He wears shorts and a t-shirt.

"I would I tell you to pull over but I'm warm now." I smile, running my hands through my hair. "So who are you 'in love with?'" He uses air quotations as he pulls the hood over his head.

"That's confidential." "Well, I'm your friend right?" I glance at him like I'm hesitant about answering. "You asshole." He giggles slapping my arm. I swerve purposely as he stops himself from screaming.

"Fuck you. Now tell me who they are." I think about it for a second before answering. "He's pretty cool. A really good person to talk to. Deals with my bullshit, which is unusual. He's very nice, the cutest face I've ever seen." I sigh.

"Your cheeks are turning red...awww." He smirks as I furrow my brows and look away.

"Now tell me more. He seems nice." He smiles sweetly. "So uh...let me think. Oh yeah. He's like the nicest person in the world and his freckles give me butterflies." I whisper the last part.

"Aw. Richie. He seems good for you. What's his name?" "Dj..." I smile at the boy. "Nice name." He returns one before laying back down.