Forty-Four

"What if I drown again?" Richie stares at the water. "I'll have to do CPR again." Richie immediately jumps in. "I-" "Just don't say anything, Bill." Everyone laughs as they slowly make their way into the pool.

"You know you aren't a bad kisser. Nine out of ten, I would say." Eddies face flashes a bright red. "You can't do that to me." He mumbles, going underwater.

"I'm leading him on aren't I?" "Yeah...sorry man." Mike pats Richies back. He sighs before sitting down. With him being tall, sitting completely down in the shallow end, the water only goes up to his shoulders.

"What's the wrong Rich?" "Nothing. Just thinking." "Didn't know you could do that." Eddie giggles as Richies finger jab into his sides. "You suck. You know that right?" "You know you love me." Eddie chuckles, leaning against Richies back.

"You stole my line. And yes I do." "Cool." Eddie tries to hide his excitement. Beverly smiles at the two.

A couple of hours later the seven end up at the beach. Eddie begs Richie to put a rash guard on. "Richie please?" "Fine." Richie pullout over his head, putting his bucket hat back on.

"He looks seven." "I think he looks cute Ben." Beverly giggles.

Eddie runs his thumbs over the boy's freckled cheeks once again before letting him go. "You know he's gonna take the shirt off right?" "He'll have to learn." Ben chuckles at Eddies remark.

Of course, a couple of minutes later Richie comes back shirtless. "If you get burnt I'm not gonna help you. You know that right?" "I won't get burnt Eds. I'm not that dumb."

Bill and Stan cuddle on their bed, fully asleep. Everyone decided to get a big tub of ice cream.

Eddie lays on his stomach half asleep when everyone, except Bill and Stan, hears: "Eddie... my back is sunburnt." Everyone laughs, continuing to eat their ice cream.

"Figure it out yourself Richie. None of us are gonna help you." The other three nod in agreement as Beverly tries not to wheeze.

"Richie? I need to change. Can you hurry?" Opening the door he finds Richie and aloe.

"Jeez, Richie. Come here." Richie sighs in defeat as Eddie gently rubs the aloe all over his back.

"You should start listening to me more." "I know..."