Forty-Nine

"Eddie?" The person stares at him in disbelief. "Who's Eddie?" Richie chuckles.

"You are Eds, did you bump your head?" The person smiles gently. "I'm not Eddie. I'm Freddy...Freddy Freeman."

"Are you the person-" "I guess I am." They chuckle.

"You look exactly like my best friend." "Is he the one you're in love with?" Richie nods, looking away. The darkness hiding his blush.

They begin to walk. Talking about anything and everything.

"You should meet Eddie. He's great." Freddy takes a moment before agreeing.

"Here get on my back." He hesitates. "Why?" "Just trust me."

Surprisingly he does, hopping onto Richies back. He's as light as Eddie is.

Richie begins to run. Making the boy giggle as they make their way down the street. For Richie to be so skinny he gets tired very easily.

"Hold on a sec....we're almost there anyway." He doesn't let go of the boy and continues to walk.

"Richie!" He squeals as he runs down the hallway.

"Shut up Eddie." "Hmm?" "You squealed. It's 3 am. Please shut up in the kindest way possible." Eddie furrows his brows. Climbing off the bed.

"Richie?" He opens the door as the boy smiles at someone. "Hiya Eds...um...meet Freddy." "Who-"

"What the fuck?" The two say in unison, looking at each other up and down. Moving in unison.

"I'm Freddy." "I'm Eddie." Once again. In unison.

"Come in..." Eddies wide eyes and gaping mouth making Richie giggle.

"Who's here...." Stanley's voice drops. "Bill...Bill." "What? Oh my god..."

Eddie nods, motioning Freddy to sit down. "So..." "Please explain what's happening..."

Richie explains how he thought he had Bill's number, which turned out to be Freddy's. They've been talking for a couple of months and decided to meet each other now.

Beverly, Ben, and Mike walk into the room. Tiredly they sit anywhere available. "Hey, Eddie....hey Eddie. Wait." The whole room chuckles.

The two stare at each other, searching their faces. "How long do you think they're gonna stare at each other?" "Who knows." The other five notice Richie admiring the two.

They begin talking.

"Your last name? What is it?" "Freeman...yours?" "Kaspbrak...what's your mom's name?" "I don't know. Been in foster care my whole life..."

The whole room exchanges sorrow looks towards the boy.

"It's fine guys."

Eddie begins to tap at his phone.

Mommy 💕

E: mom...I have a question

S: yes Eddie bear? Are you okay

E: I'm fine mom. But do I have any siblings?

S: no. Why do you ask?

E: I don't know I found someone who looks identical to me.

He sends a picture of himself and Freddy. The two smile the same. Both giggling after taking the picture.

S: I'm sorry Eddie bear. I shouldn't have lied to you. Yes. He is your brother. Please forgive your mother.

E: no

Eddie leaves it at that before reading the messages aloud. "Eddie-bear?" Freddy chuckles before Eddie punches his shoulder playfully.

"I guess we are brothers?"

The two hug quickly. Not letting go for a bit. Exchanging whispers as they sit in front of each other.

Richie admires the two. Two of the most beautiful boys in the world in the same room? That's a deal he would take any day.