18。

Eddie went to his house after that event still sobbing, trying to calm himself in vain.
Grant looked at the ceiling with empty eyes, drinking beer again and again until he fell asleep on the couch.

The day after Josh went to Eddie's house to talk about Grant, not expecting to find him with dry tears on the face and a devastated look.
«Eddie? what happened?»
«come in Josh»
Eddie mumbled, sitting on the sofa next to Josh with new tears on his cheeks.
«yesterday I went to Grant's house, but...»
Josh was curious, but Eddie was genuinely scared about opening up about his sexuality with anyone.
«what happened Eddie?»
«nothing... we fought and I simply wasn't used to see him mad...»
He really wanted to talk about it with someone. He wanted to take off his heart this big weight, he wanted to ask if what he's feeling is love or just affection for a good friend, he wanted to ask why Grant was so pissed oof, but he couldn't.
He was scared that he would lose all his friends, that they would talk behind his back or make him feel miserable for his feelings like he experienced in highschool.
«mate I'm here for you, if you don't wanna talk about it it's okay, just don't let yourself down. You're 28, you're a big grown man and you can surely handle this»
«thanks Josh...»

Josh left the house a few hours later leaving Eddie determined to understand everything that was vague.
«ok Grant, you better answer me»
He whispered while waiting for him to pick up the call, looking in the bathroom mirror again and again.
«...what?»
He heard a few seconds later, from a husky low voice.
«you need to be straightforward with me Grant»
There was silence from the other side of the phone before another male voice answered instead of Grant.
«straightforward? fuck you»
After that the call ended, leaving a confused, angry, pessimistic, determined, shocked Eddie.
«who the fuck was that?»