PROLOGUE

KISSING MY KRYPTONITE

𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

❝ Life is like a piano; the white keys can represent happiness and the black keys show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.❞ -Ehssan.

The highlighted passage blazing over the massive screen in front drew an embittered smile on my face. My eyes wandered around the place hoping to spot the so-called reason why I am here tonight.

I made my way discreetly to the back of the central box to find my seat dahil dito na lang may bakante for walk-in guests. As the anticipated performance started, the audience began to applaud, and my eyes shot open to see the expensive pianist heading gracefully towards the grand piano in her elegant black gown.

From then on, everyone arose from their seats to chant her name before silence descended to the entire venue. Cameramen gathered to prepare for the filming, lights flickered off, and just the spotlight was directed at her.

With her arms relaxed, running slightly her fingers on the keys, she began setting up her mic and scanning the audience once more before playing the grand piano as if her fingers had brains implanted in them.

She smiled at us before starting to sing in sync with her piano..

Hearing the music made my heart skip a beat..

(A/N: Play Happier by O.R.)

We broke up a month ago
Your friends aren't mine, you know, I know
You've moved on, found someone new
One more girl who brings out the better in you..

"Of all songs," I whispered to myself, slowly shutting my eyes off. The song lyrics and piano's melody..are so compatible with what I am feeling right now..

I miss her..so much.

And I thought my heart was attached
For all the sunlight of our past
But she's so sweet, she's so pretty
Does she mean you forgot about me?

Memories came flooding back, it was as if her voice turned on a switch with in me-my heart sank back into the past and began to sing a bitter symphony. Bumibigat dahil sa sumasabay na kanta, musikang hatid ng instrumento at punong-puno ng emosyong boses niya..

"I like you.."

"You do?"

Oh, I hope you're happy,
but not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

"Try your luck with me.."

"Deep dive into my abyss and let's see.."

And do you tell her
she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen?
An eternal love bullshit you know you'll never mean
Remember when I believed you meant it when you said it first to me?

"I love you.."

"You're gonna regret loving me.."

And now I'm pickin' her apart
Like cuttin' her down make you miss my wretched heart
But she's beautiful, she looks kind, she probably gives you butterflies

Darkness is my home..

Nobody can save me anymore..

The well-hidden fears have been shown..

Time had passed..

The mask I've been wearing for years fell off with some of my skin that I almost forgot who I was beneath until you popped out from nowhere..

The moment of truth has come..

But there you are bidding goodbye..

I've warned you..

My love..

You won't love me when you meet them all..

I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better

Time flies..but not memories..

"1 minute, please go," I pushed myself, counting was my defense mechanism pero hindi na yata gumagana ngayon. Tahimik akong tumayo mula sa upuan ko finding my way out of this place dahil kapag pinatagal ko pa..

Baka hindi ko na kayanin..

Para akong kakapusin ng hangin..

I hope you're happy, I wish you all the best, really
Say you love her, baby, just not like you loved me
And think of me fondly when your hands are on her
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

The silence was ended by a sweet sound..but with bitter effects on me..

As she ended her performance, the crowd applauded. I take one more glance over her on stage and at the woman who has been proudly watching her the entire show..

There she is..

I smiled faintly..

"30 seconds," I turned my back because I can't contain the tears anymore, bigla akong nanghina. My lips are shaking..

"29...28..27...26," my knees began weakening, everything seems draining me down..

I lost my counts..

I failed to get out of this place before my timer ran out..

I shut my eyes..

My gaze was drawn to the floor as I witnessed what happened next. The lovely pianist in her black gown goes gently down the stage to meet her, who has been cheering her on with a wide smile and a bouquet in her fist.

I don't play piano like a pro but she's my black keys..

My saddest music..

But happiness looks gorgeous on her..

My defenses have all failed me, and I am now unable to secure myself..

This is my life now..

My eyes broke into tears..

I blink, wipe my face amidst tears and fears..

Takot sa mga susunod ko pang pwedeng makita..

She cinched the lengthy slit of her black gown before encircling her arms around her neck for an embrace..

Then, at that, I found her..

Kissing my Kryptonite..