Chapter 6

~Zoe's POV~

      While driving I see a motel about an hour from the gas station deciding it'd be better if I stopped for the night. Pulling in and parking I walk straight to the office to get a room in a hurry. "May I get a room for the night please?" I ask not making eye contact with him.

       By the way he was starring and the scent rolling off him I knew I had crossed into a new pack territory. He knew I was now a rogue by the new scent I gained leaving the territory without permission from the Alpha. "Sir... May I please get a room for one night?" Repeating myself to break him from his day dream.
"Oh um yes that will be twenty dollars.." He hesitated getting a key as I put the money on the counter taking the key from the mad thanking him as I walked out the door.

      Walking to my truck grabbing one of my bags heading to the room.Opening the door rushing in I close and lock the door quickly tossing the bag onto the bed heading for the bathroom.

    I strip down turning the water on and looking in the mirror and the small pale frail person starring back at me. "He was so mean to me about how weak and ugly I was. That he would never want a mate like me." Standing there thinking about the mean words he had said to me a few days ago sent a pain through my chest. It was always in private that he was an ass to me because he didn't wanna ruin his reputation fearing he'd scare his mate off one day. Laughing at the thought of him saying he didn't want a mate LIKE me and instead he actually got me for his mate. Tears start to role down my face as I get into the steaming hot water standing under the water thinking about him and every horrible thing he had done or caused on me since we were little until the water became cold. Getting out wrapping the towel around myself walking out of the bathroom to the bed to dig through my bag for something to wear.

Finding something comfortable to wear I slip it on before walking to the door locking it and turning out the light. With my eyes adjusting to darkness I walk over to the bed bawling up under the covers trying to not think about Zane as I doze off to sleep.

             ~Zane's POV~

Driving until I reached the border of Dark Blood territory not daring to cross the border and trespass in fear of starting a war. I may be the Alpha of the strongest pack but I'd be in their territory and even though I'm good friends with the Alpha of this territory I still respect his ways and trespassing on his territory means war.

     Mind linking my Beta telling him to contact the Dark Blood Alpha and let him know that I will be heading into his territory looking for Zoe.

     With that I cross the border into the territory down the road following her scent. About five minutes past the border I ran into some of Dark Blood warriors they were told to bring me to their pack house at their Alpha's request.