Bonus Chapter (If Aina Got Infected)

Aina got herself locked into her room and put a protective layer around at the front of her door.

Surprisingly to the other turtles, she fell fast asleep and didn't move and inch.

A coat of blue cloud-like foam was sprayed on her so she could cool down.

"Welp, our job here is done," Leo remarked.

"We’ll be back with some medical supplies, Nana," Raph said to her. "Just hang tight around here."

Donnie turned on the AC in Mizuki’s room and lowered it to the lowest temperature as possible.

"All right, so I’ve checked over her body," he began to his brothers. "It’s not fully infected, but it still needs time to heal fully."

"So it’s not like the rat flu? It’s normal, right?" Miley asked anxiously.

"No. Thankfully it’s not like the rat flu. But it’s normal for humans like Aina to get sick," Donnie replied. "She’ll require constant care and rest until she gets better—"

Leo then slid to Donnie's side. "Donnie, this might be your opportunity to get to know Nana better! So you should stay with her." He whispered.

"What?!" The purple bandana turtle shrieked out loud. "Why would you vote that I stay with her?"

Before Donnie could say anything else Mikey interjected. "Hey, that's a great idea Leo! I vote that Donnie should stay." Mikey raised his hand quickly.

Donnie turned towards a smirking Raph with his arms folded. "Oh, please don't vote for me to stay with her..."

"Donnie...you’re staying with her," Raph finally said. Donnie groaned in defeat and face-palmed himself.

"We'll call and check up on you every day until she’s better. And while we’re at it, we can get medical supplies to help Aina heal faster."

"No, guys, you can’t do this to me..." Donnie pleaded with them desperately.

"We'll be back before you know it, buddy," Leo quickly exited the room with Raph and Mikey in tow.

His little smirk was the last thing Donnie saw before the door slammed shut.

He groaned and smacked himself in the face. Left in the building with a girl whom he cares about, who is now sick with the flu...and who is now asleep on her bed.

Donnie stayed back to watch over the fallen female while taking multiple glances at her thermometer.

"102 degrees, she's burning up." Donnie told himself with a worried tone. He sighed and smile at her sleeping form, all curled into her knees. "At least she won't cause any trouble if she's asleep."

-/-

Throughout the week, Aina was slowly getting better and despite that, the others insisted she stayed in bed.

Aina would have argued with the brothers that she can handle herself, but with the strength having left her from the start, she knew it was no point to persist their worries. In fact, she had no idea how it had been since someone who is like a family to her worry about her health when she fell ill.

Even her siblings, who would get this sick themselves would come down to the lair to take care of Aina. Jamal drew her some pictures from her sketchbook, despite the female Softshell's arguments against it. Sonya made her cupcake, it was extremely sweet and it made Aina almost throw up. Levi sent her a get well card with signatures from her step father, great grandmother, nanna, aunt Jazz and some other family members.

Aina was starting to worrie that it was Donnie who worries about her more than the others.

He’d kept checking up on her every three hours, always reminding her to drink plenty of water and if she had eaten anything yet. He’d check her temperature to see if it had gone down any further.

"Someone has to take care of you, Aina. It’s for the good of your health," he’d tell her whenever she would reassure him that he doesn’t need to do this. Besides, the family she was born in were usually busy with work or their own activities and Donnie was making him caring for her his only priority as of now.

Even though Aina hated to admit it, Donnie is adorable when he is like this.

-/-

"You are conversing with Donatello," Donnie greeted on his phone.

"Hey. Just wanna check up on Mizzy," Leo said. "How is she feeling?"

"So far, her fever’s gone, but she still needs to rest for a day or two."

"Can we just go visit her for a while? I miss fighting crime with her," Mikey said from behind Leo.

"Sorry, lil’ bro. Aina's gotta get some rest first," Leo patted Mikey on the head. "Is she giving you any trouble?"

"No, not really, she mostly sleeps throughout the day." Donnie answered as he glanced at Aina in her usual sleeping form.

"That’s what we wanted to know. Well, we gotta go. See ya later, buddy!" Leo quickly said, smirking.

"No, wait—"

Leo ended the call before Donnie said any more.

He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"He’s been thinking about us together, isn’t he?" Aina asked, making Donnie turn around in an instant in shock.

"Oh, I-i thought you were still sleep and yes. Apparently, my brother has." Donnie nodded, annoyed at his brother. "Trying to ship us together."

"…Well, I don’t mind hanging out with you," Aina added, blushing.

He looked up at her, his cheeks turning red. "What? Really?"

"Of course. In fact, if I haven’t met you and your brothers, who knows what would have happened."

"Can’t imagine that."

Aina chuckled and crossed her arms. "Anyway, um, I know that you are trying to take care of me for a while, so...thanks..."

Donnie smiled at her and blushed. "No probbles." He said softly.

-/-

Raph, Leo and Mikey came back to the lair after another mission.

"Have you been trying to pair Aina and Donnie?" Raph asked the red-eared slider.

"Yes." He said confidently.

"Well, don’t, unless it’s for a good purpose."

Leo pouted at the snapping turtle.

"Omigosh!" Mikey shouted from Aina's room.

The other two rushed into the room with the medicines needed in case it was Aina's fever acting up. Instead, they saw something else.

Leo and Mikey looked to where he is staring at and nearly gasped.

Donnie sleeping peacefully next to Aina on her bed, his robo-shell resting on the side. Her hand over his chest, and his arm around her waist. His three-fingered hand laying on hers.

"Ohmigosh! That’s so cute"” Mikey gushed and swiftly pulled out his phone, taking a picture of the two.

"Called it," Leo smiled victoriously.

Raph hummed and shook his head, smiling at his brother resting.