Mascot Melee

"What’s the word? Am I clear?" Raph asked.

"Looks bueno from here," Leo looked through the periscope of the Turtle Tank. "You are a go for Operation: Let’s Hope Raph Comes Back Alive."

Aina is sitting behind him, licking her soft-serve ice cream cone. The turtle is leaning as she's sitting on the ground. She's dressed in a different outfit. She's wearing a blue flannel button down shirt. Her pants are black leggings, wearing a a headband as an accessory. Her shoes are black Chuck Taylor all star sneakers, and there are some paint covering her scars.

"Stop calling it that," Raph retorts and Aina takes another scoop of ice cream into her mouth. "He's fine, as long as he doesn't take the costume off," She points her spoon at Donnie.

"A first-ever exploratory expedition in daylight!" Donnie exclaimed excitedly. "They are gonna name sewers after you, pal."

The others can see Raph in the middle of New York Times Square in his hippo from the last time they fought with Hypno-Potamus, numerous people surrounding him and walking around. A few other mascots stood in the crowd, having their pictures taken and money given for tips.

"I fit right in with all the mascots," Raph admitted. "This suit works great in Times Square."

"Totally, but for the record, I still think my trench coat idea would’ve worked," Mikey leaned, his hands behind his head.

"Mikey, we’ve been over this,"
Aina playfully argued with him. "His body’s too big to fit in that trench coat."

"Ho-ho, there’s the store," Leo noticed a store which sells robes.

"Go get Splinter’s birthday gift!" Mikey encouraged, clasping his hands. "Our eyes depend on it."

One night, the turtles and Amy were having a movie night. They were watching Jupiter Jim when Splinter walked in, scratching the back of his butt. "Time for today's training!"

Leo turned around while eating noodles and almost choked.

Splinter was holding his staff in a half-ripped maroon robe, but they could see his underwear. "It's a little drafty."

The others exclaimed in disgust at him.

"Aw no!"

"My eyes!"

"That mole is growing a mole."

"We gotta get him a new robe."

"How about I go wash my eyes first?"

"Who's up for jumping jacks?" He started to do them, to the others' horror.

Aina shudders at the memory. "Add that to the list of incoming nightmares..." The light turns green as people start to walk.

"Steady as she goes," Leo said to Raph.

From inside their Turtle Tank, they watch Raph maneuver around the crowd in his hippo suit.

"Old man on your right," Leo instructed.

Raph walked past an elderly man with ease.

"Kid on your left."

Raph stopped in front of a child with an ice cream cone in his grasp.

"He’s got peanut butter ice cream," Leo realized.

"Oh, no! Your allergies! Evasive maneuver! Evasive maneuver!" Donnie yelled.

Raph managed to spin around the kid and stroll away as if nothing had happened. "Close one. Oh, man, this is crazy cool. First turtle to ever skate around a crowd totally unnoticed, and his name is Raph."