The Gumbus

On a dark and stormy night, a voice can be heard from the lair. "Hello?" It sounds like a little boy. Mikey is in his room, watching something from Donnie's tablet, hidden under his blankets in fear. "Is someone there?" He gasps as Mikey grimaces. "It's the Gumbus!" Mikey is shaking and he screams, throwing the tablet away as he quivers. The tablet lands in front of three pairs of feet. Leo picks up the tablet.

"Uh, what you watching, Miguel?" Leo wonders as Mikey pops his head out from the pillows. Aina scrolling on her phone to pass the time.

"Omigod, omigosh! I was just watching my favorite can-stacking channel," He starts off to their confusion.

"Can-stacking. O...kay," She glances at Leo and Aina as Mikey appears in front of them.

"It's a thing!" He insists. "There's this one supermarket Stockboi. He builds forts, towers, national monuments!"

"Yeah, I see his channel has...a like," Leo eyes the channel as the channel doesn't prove to be that popular.

"I would've liked it twice if I could," Mikey states and Aina glances at the others.

"Maybe people saw it as a hoax," She raises an eyebrow.

"Anyway, he's at the store after hours, and...you gotta see it!" He scrolls up and presses a video titled 'The Gumbus.' The video starts with Stockboii holding a flashlight in what looks like a can stacking of the Statue of Liberty.

"And now, I shall complete the most difficult stack of all," He turns on the flashlight. "Only completed by one other stockboy. The Lady Liberty stat-" There's a noise nearby and his eyes widen. "Hello? I-Is someone there?" He pans the camera over to an aisle, only for a can to roll by. Stockboii lets out a scream as he can hear pattering. He turns his gaze over to the can statue and turns around slowly, and the camera goes to static as something green attacks him. The flashlight is dropped onto the ground and Stockboii crawls over to the camera, panting. "It's the Gumbus!" The video ends there, but not before the end footage appears. "Be sure to subscribe and donate!"

"Whoa!" April exclaims, Leo and Aina looking skeptical at the whole thing. She turns to them in confusion. "What's a Gumbus?"

Mikey appears at her hip, his eyes looking freaked. "It's a ghost, that haunts the Stock N Shop," He hugs April and Aina in fear. April pats his head while Leo scoffs.

"There's gotta be a simple answer," He throws the tablet away. "Earthquake, magnets, giant prankster mice. There's no such thing as ghosts."

"WHAT?!" Mikey drops onto the ground before standing up. "How can you say there's no such thing as ghosts when there's such a thing as us? The Gumbus is real! Aina believes me, right?"

"He's right, I mean who's to say, Leo? Maybe they do." Aina insisted.

"Only one way to settle this heated debate," April pushes the two turtles away. "We head up to the Stock N Shop, and tamper with the mysterious forces of the underworld." She laughs evilly like a mad man, Aina smiling wickedly from the rush. Mikey rubs his neck sheepishly, laughing nervously.

"I'm fine just getting the pants scared off of me in my pillow fort," He starts to walk away, but Leo grabs his hand.

"Oh no. April's right. I'm gonna prove to you there's no such thing as a Gumbus," Leo pulls him away from his pillow fort, Mikey protesting.