C H A P T E R T W E L V E

Song: If by Davido

"X, YOU ARE GOING to wear a hole in the floor if you keep pacing like that," Rayleigh chided, rocking little James in her arms

"X, YOU ARE GOING to wear a hole in the floor if you keep pacing like that," Rayleigh chided, rocking little James in her arms. All her members of the Deliano clan as well as his groomsmen in the family home in Beverly Hills and Xante's anxiety was at its peak.

"Ray, I can't help it. It's been 2 weeks since Chidinma ran out of my house, not even allowing for explanation-" Xante responded furiously, and his mother flashed him a look of disappointment.

"Xante, we did not raise you to keep secrets that big from those you love. You are not supposed to be giving explanations. You are meant to be giving the truth," Athena reprimanded and Michelangelo Deliano, Xante's father, nodded in response. Xante scoffed and brushed off the remark.

"You both have been saying that two weeks now and where has that gotten anyone? So please, say something useful or just stop talking," He snapped to his parents, whose eyebrows went up in shock, while his siblings looked appalled at their older brother's words. The Deliano siblings were silent as Athena rose slowly to face her first-born son.

"Xante, I understand the predicament at hand and know how stressed you must be. But," Athena started, the Mafia Boss in her rearing its head at the possibility of being challenged, "You better watch your mouth, Alessandro. I refuse to be insulted by anyone, especially by my own child. Remember, I brought you into this world and I can take you out. Katálava?" (Understood)

"," (Yes) Xante replied slowly. He staggered to an empty chair and sat, his emotions everywhere. As he closed his eyes, all he could see was Chidinma's big brown eyes filling with disbelief, anger then disappointment that evening.

*f l a s h b a c k*

"Pregnant? How?" A shell-shocked Chidinma asked softly, in a trance.

"It was in Vegas. Last month. I-" Xante seemed to forget how to speak as a lump formed in his throat. This was not supposed to happen, the files of proof had not been completed. Candy was not supposed to come to LA. Xante had always been smooth with words, but it was only Chidinma who caused him to become tongue-tied.

"Wow, wow," Chidinma repeated, disbelief still present in her voice. She stood up furiously and began to run to the door. Xante jogged and stopped her, grabbing her arm.

"Chidinma, please, I-" Xante stuttered and stopped when he saw the stream of tears that ran down her face. She bit her lip, trying not to sob and attempted to pull her arm away. As she left to her car, with a stammering Xante behind. She stopped and turned.

"You are worse that Tim. At least with him, I knew he never cared. You fed me lie after lie, making me believe that what we shared, what I felt was double sided," She cried, "I wish I never met you,"

Xante could not speak. When his vocal cords wanted to create a sound, the pain in his heart was all that could be felt. Hearing the woman that he loved utter that heartbreaking sentence came with unfathomable pain. Xante had been shot, stabbed, even tortured but none of that even came close to what he felt in that moment.