Episode 8: Just A Dream For This Reality

When we got home, it was normal.

We were both silent after what happened and Odasaku looked like he was in a deep thought. No one dared to break the silence in his apartment.

I was heading to sleep after I showered but then I noticed Odasaku was still awake, rummaging to his kitchen.

I can't sleep of course, the couch's practically just across it. I can see him grinding coffee beans in the middle of the night...

How can I sleep with that?

I almost thought he finally lost it.

"Odasaku? What are you doing?" I finally said after going to the kitchen and taking my usual seat on the counter top.

"Can't sleep."

Insomnia?

Odasaku rarely has that.

"What are you planning with all those coffee? You don't plan on drinking them, right?"

I sweat dropped after seeing the 12 bags of grounded coffee beans beside him.

"No. It's for my stock..."

Stock?

"But you always drink instant coffee, Odasaku. Why don't you drink this instead."

I threw him a tea bag I got from one of his jars and he caught it. He sighed and proceeded to drink it instead.

"Where are your pants?" He said while glaring at me.

I looked down at the oversized shirt I was wearing.

It was just above my knees, almost like a dress. The sweatpants he bought were big and wearing them was hot, so I don't wear them at night. I sleep with blankets on and so he probably doesn't notice that I wasn't wearing them for a while now.

There's nothing to worry about, it's not like Odasaku has a green mind anyway.

"This is fine, isn't?" I said while showing him the length.

He ignored me.

We were still in the kitchen while he's drinking tea. He was leaning against the counter while I'm across, sitting quietly.

I continued to watch him.

His eyes were blank, as if he's in deep thought.

Is something troubling him?

"I know I shouldn't ask but...what's wrong? You have something in your mind?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Does it have something to do with me?" I tried to guess.

He didn't glance at me nor replied. He just drank there in silence.

So it does have something to do with me.

Ango said earlier that Dazai had me investigated. He must have reported to Dazai already.

I don't know Ango's whereabouts but if that's the case, then, Dazai must've talked to Odasaku about it.

Now that I think of it...

Back when Odasaku asked about me, all I gave him was half-assed answers. He never asked anything about me again after that, so I never had the chance to answer him honestly.

"Did Dazai said something about me?" I asked.

"I won't ask what it was, but if it's from Dazai...then you should take his words."