Episode 27: Till We Meet Again

"Thought I'd find you here, Yuko-chan..."

My eyes remained to the grave in front of me, not even bothering to look back to see who arrived behind me.

I already know who it is just from his voice.

"You'd always know where to find me..." I replied while waving my phone for him to see.

"Dazai-san."

It's a good thing that he decided to appear instead of having me search for him. Dazai chuckled and went to sit beside me.

"It's been a week, huh?"

"More than a week..."

Now that I think of it, it was weird not seeing Dazai in his black suit and coat. The bandages on his head were now gone too...not all, though. The rest of his body was still wrapped like a spring roll.

But right now, he looked normal.

The air around him has changed too.

"I heard you disappeared from the mafia. Is this a hide and seek of yours, or is it the real deal?" I said.

"Where did you hear that?"

"From Chuuya."

"You've met up with Chuuya." He stated.

"Yeah, to return his car."

Dazai glanced at me, a bit confused. He must be wondering where I got the money. I haven't told him the details of what happened to me on Mori-sensei and old man's meeting, after all.

Maybe some other time.

"I have savings. I made sure all my money are secured when I was still in the government."

"I did have a salary, of course." I humored.

For my 7 years of service: 2 years as a division's agent and 5 years as a Hunting Dog, the money I saved was 25 million yen.

My insurances costs 10 million.

The retirement fee I got from the old man was 8 million.

A total of 43 million yen.

"But I replaced Chuuya's car in brand new so technically, I only have 13 million left."

"So my friend has gone up to be a millionaire..." Dazai replied while touching his chin.

"What do you plan to do next, then? Travel the world? You can enjoy your life with all that wealth, Yuko."

I chuckled a bit from his thoughts.

How can I enjoy it?

I'm not even happy with all that money.

"I think I'll go to the countryside for the mean time, away from Yokohama." I said while smiling.

I'll just keep my money stagnant. Maybe someday I'll know where I should use it.

I was only planning on paying Chuuya's car but it seems that I have a lot more money than I thought.

"Where is this place exactly?"

"I'm thinking Hokkaido..." I replied.

"Hokkaido? That's far..." Dazai muttered to himself without looking.

Oh, right.

Since Dazai has gone underground, I wonder where he'll go? I'm sure he'll still stay in Yokohama though, there's no way I can invite him.

"How about you? Any plans?"

"Hmm...I'm thinking of changing jobs. Though I think it'll take me a while to do that, so I'm staying put for the mean time." He replied.