Episode 9: A Step From The Past That Leads To The Truth (Part One)

Osanbashi Pier

Osanbashi Pier

"Now then, let's see if this rock will skip..."

Skipping rocks is harder than I thought. No matter how hard I throw, it just sinks...the splash just gets bigger and bigger.

Dropping a grenade isn't that different from this.

Suddenly, someone threw a rock that finally skipped in the water. I turned around to see someone I already expected to meet.

"You're using too much strength, Yuko-chan. If your rock hits a person's head, I'm sure they'll die." Dazai said as he went down to the riverside.

"They won't die instantly, Dazai-san. First, they'll bleed..."I joked.

Though it wasn't really a joke, right?

Dazai chuckled.

He arrived fast. Good thing I managed to eat breakfast at the old man's.

"I didn't expect to see you so soon. You seem to be in a rush." I said while slowly climbing back, Dazai followed.

"Sad to say, but yes. My workload's piling up these days. I haven't even taken a shower for two days." He complained which made my eyebrows twitched.

So that's why there's an unpleasant smell in the air. The smell of gunpowder and blood...it stinks.

"So? How's your investigation of me doing?" I said with a smile.

We both walked to the pier and leaned towards the railings. Dazai bent his head back exhaustively while I continued to watch him at the side, facing the bay.

"A complete failure..." He smiled.

"I ordered our former agent to dig up your records, and there was none. Completely no one, aren't you? Yuko-chan..."

Former agent? I'm sure he's talking about Ango...but what's with the former? Did they found out he was a spy? Or did he leave?

"But, listen to this..." Dazai continued.

"When I told my Boss about you, surprisingly...he knows you."

I glanced at him.

"Funny, right? I went all the trouble in investigating you when I should've asked the Boss instead in the first place."

"He won't actually tell me anything about you, though. He just told me to bring you, carefully..." Dazai said while giving me a cold smile.

I sighed and turned my eyes to face the sea.

The Port Mafia's Boss?

The last time I remember their Boss was a crazy old man who liked wielding a scythe, though it can't possibly be him. I haven't met him in person.