Episode 6: A Place To Consider Home

"I am Sakaguchi Ango."

Sakaguchi Ango?

I think I've heard of that name before.

"From the Special Operations Division, am I correct? The worker from the intelligence department who's an ability user."

"Yes."

We stared at each other for a while.

I can feel the tension in his air and he seemed a bit nervous as well.

If he's here then...

"Where's Saburou?" I asked in a low tone.

Ango adjusted his glasses.

"Taniyama Saburou is currently in detention for breaking the rules and regulations of the government. The division has been informed of his contact with you, he's proven guilty despite denying these claims."

Saburou got caught. How? I made sure there wasn't a trace.

My eyes then narrowed towards Ango.

"You..."

I heard that his ability enables him to extract memory from things. I guess it's also possible with humans too, then?

He must've made contact with Saburou.

"That's right."

"I visited the department earlier today and found Saburou in the records department without permission. I've seen his contact with you and the files he took, your records to be precise..." He said.

"Is there something you need in those records, Tsushima-san?" He asked in a low tone.

I scoffed.

"If I tell you, would you give it to me?"

"No, right? It's better not to ask, Ango-san."

The government didn't even bothered investigating properly about what happened to that incident.

They just immediately sentenced me to death. Telling them I'm investigating my own case, to find the real culprit and at least clear my name is useless.

I'm sure they won't listen to a stray.

"Surrender yourself to the division, Tsushima-san." Ango said seriously.

I find his statement amusing but for some reason, I couldn't laugh.

I just stared at him blankly.

"Chief Taneda knows your here in Yokohama but has kept it confidential as much as he could."

"He planned to deal with this matter on his own when it should've been the Hunting Dog's job in the first place. Don't make this hard for him..."

"He wanted you to surrender properly."

Is he serious?

I didn't know what to say.

He's saying it as if I have a debt to them...like I owe them something.

You're telling me I should be grateful for all of this?

Don't make me laugh.

"Then tell the Director to say that directly to my face."

"I dare you...I dare you all." I growled.

"Don't ask for someone to listen if you don't listen to them first...send the dogs, if you want, I dare you..."

"I'll be willing to take you all."

"I don't mind dying if that'll make you all snap back into the reality that I didn't do it!" I said sternly.